Bulls Celebrate Independence Week with Five Fireworks Shows
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls will play five games in seven days at the DBAP beginning Monday, July 2, and USA Baseball will take on Japan on the 4th of July. Five fireworks shows highlight Independence Week, along with Hispanic Heritage Night, Food Truck Friday and Daddy/Daughter Day.
The week begins Monday, July 2 when the Bulls open a brief two-game series against the Gwinnett Stripers at 6:35 p.m. That night's contest, presented by North Carolina Education Lottery, will be followed by the first of five fireworks shows at the DBAP that week.
On Tuesday, July 3, the Bulls and Atlanta Braves' top affiliate square off at 6:35 p.m., with the evening's contest presented by House-Autry Mills. At the conclusion of the game, the Bulls will kick off the Independence Day celebration one day early with a fireworks extravaganza. Further, local food trucks Chirba Chirba and American Meltdown will be serving on the Diamond View concourse in right field through the game.
The Bulls hit the road on July 4, but the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team will take on Japan at the DBAP at 6:05 p.m., and Cousins Maine Lobster and American Meltdown will each be on hand to serve food truck delicacies throughout the night. Following the game will be the City of Durham's official fireworks show, paired with an American-themed soundtrack to celebrate Independence Day.
On Friday, July 6 the Bulls return for the first game of a three-game series against the Norfolk Tides. The game, presented by Carolina Packers, is Food Truck Friday, featuring local staples Baguettaboutit and Chirba Chirba. A Friday Night Fireworks show, presented by bioMerieux, will follow the 7:05 p.m. contest. Further, Friday's contest is Health and Fitness Night, and fans can purchase a ticket to Friday's game and yoga session on the field Saturday morning for just $15. Full details for the Health, Fitness and Yoga pack can be found here.
Los Toros de Durham return to the DBAP for Hispanic Heritage Night on Saturday, July 7 at 6:35 p.m. presented by Advance Auto Parts. The game will feature special uniforms as the team transforms into los Toros de Durham, and will feature authentic music, special dance troupes and more. Following the game will be a Saturday Night Fireworks show presented by JT's Landscaping.
The Bulls and Tides close their three-game set on Sunday, July 8 at 5:05 p.m. with Daddy/Daughter Day. Fans will have the chance to purchase a Daddy/Daughter package featuring two tickets, a commemorative baseball and exclusive pregame Catch on the Field for $24.50. At the conclusion of the contest, children get to show off their speed on the DBAP infield with Kids Run the Bases presented by Nature's Twist.
Durham Bulls Athletic Park will host six games from June 2 through June 8, with five fireworks shows in that span. Single-game tickets, 919 Club memberships and group outings are available now at durhambulls.com or by calling 919.956.BULL.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 29, 2018
- Four-Run Eighth Leads Chiefs to Comeback Win over Herd - Syracuse Mets
- Clippers Hold on to Claim Game Two - Columbus Clippers
- Knights Sink the Stripers 5-4 on Friday Night - Charlotte Knights
- Stripers Come up Short Again in Charlotte - Gwinnett Stripers
- Big Fourth Buries Tribe in Columbus - Indianapolis Indians
- 'Pigs Edge Wings in 10 - Rochester Red Wings
- Rosa, Bats Can't Hold off Durham - Norfolk Tides
- Hens Win in Front of Sold out Crowd - Toledo Mud Hens
- Bisons Fall to Chiefs, 5-4 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Fall to Mud Hens, 8-4 - Louisville Bats
- RailRiders Top Red Sox to Even Record - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Pigs Take Game 1 in Extra Innings - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- PawSox Fall 7-4 to RailRiders in Series Opener - Pawtucket Red Sox
- On-Field Movie Night Is August 10 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (43-34) at Columbus Clippers (39-39) - Indianapolis Indians
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Friday, June 29, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 29 - Louisville Bats
- LHP Jordan Guerrero Promoted to Charlotte Today - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Syracuse (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Celebrate a Patriotic Week of Festivities at Coca-Cola Park - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- The Setup: Pigs and Red Wings Begin Three-Game Set - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Celebrate Independence Week with Five Fireworks Shows - Durham Bulls
- David Mickey Evans Added to Sandlot Night Festivities - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats to Host July 3 Media Hot Dog Eating Contest - Louisville Bats
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.