Be a Superhero Is the Theme for the Annual Pink the Rink Game Presented by Western Financial Group
Cranbrook, B.C. - This year's edition of one of the most popular games on the ICE schedule - the Pink the Rink Game - is all about being a superhero.
The Kootenay ICE Hockey Club announced on Thursday the details for its Pink the Rink Be a Superhero Anti-Bullying Game presented by Western Financial Group.
The game featuring the ICE and the Prince Albert Raiders will take place on Saturday, January 26. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. MT.
All elementary schools in Cranbrook were sent invitations to the game along with an amazing school ticket offer. Youth tickets are $5.00 and Adult tickets are $15.00 for the game when purchased through a participating elementary school.
The event is all about bringing awareness to anti-bullying with the theme 'Be a Superhero'. The ICE want to know how those in ICE Country are superheroes each and every day. Are you always kind to others? Do you help out a friend when they are having a tough day? The ICE are encouraging ICE Country to bring signs to the game describing how they are superheroes. The message that the ICE want to share with East Kootenay youth is that everyday people can be real life superheroes through simple acts of kindness.
Fans are encouraged to wear pink to the game in support of anti-bullying.
In addition, the ICE players will be wearing special superhero jerseys to bring awareness to anti-bullying. The game-worn jerseys will be going up for auction, and more info on that auction will be released at a later date.
Also, Western Financial Group will be selling pink pucks at the game (one for $2.00 or three for $5.00). This will be followed by a pink puck toss during the second intermission. The grand prize is a Suite Night for a future ICE home game and a $100 VISA gift card. Funds raised through the pink puck toss will be distributed back to participating elementary schools in Cranbrook.
Tickets for the Pink the Rink Be a Superhero Anti-Bullying Game presented by Western Financial Group are available and can be purchased at the ICE Gear Store at Western Financial Place, by calling 250-417-0322 or online.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Silvertips Acquire Forward Robbie Holmes from the Regina Pats - Everett Silvertips
- Chiefs Trim to Seven Defensemen as Ladyman Reassigned - Spokane Chiefs
- Broncos Deal Zawatsky to Warriors for Smithies, Picks - Swift Current Broncos
- Rockets Prep for Pair with Prince George - Kelowna Rockets
- Rockets make moves on trade deadline day - Kelowna Rockets
- Wheat Kings Deal Hartje to Ice - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Pats Acquire Prospect Sloan Stanick, Two Picks from Everett for Robbie Holmes - Regina Pats
- Prospect Draffin Traded to Vancouver - Red Deer Rebels
- Trade Deadline Quiet for Rebels - Red Deer Rebels
- ICE Acquire '99-Born Defenceman Chase Hartje from the Wheat Kings - Kootenay Ice
- Warriors Acquire Zawatsky - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Giants Acquire 2001-Born Defenceman Nicholas Draffin from Red Deer - Vancouver Giants
- Sasha Mutala to Play for Team Orr at 2019 Sherwin-Williams CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Tri-City Americans
- Tigers Swap Williams for Kemp - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Oil Kings and Tigers Announce Trade - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Blades Acquire Veteran Sniper from Portland - Saskatoon Blades
- Warriors Acquire Denomie - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Blazers Acquire Draft Pick from Moose Jaw for Carson Denomie - Kamloops Blazers
- Hawks Acquire Paterson from Saskatoon - Portland Winterhawks
- Be a Superhero Is the Theme for the Annual Pink the Rink Game Presented by Western Financial Group - Kootenay Ice
- Americans Acquire Huo from Thunderbirds - Tri-City Americans
- Video Game Night Friday - Saskatoon Blades
- Raiders Acquire Bilous from Oil Kings - Prince Albert Raiders
- Oil Kings and Raiders Announce Trade - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Broncos Capped by Rebels 3-2 - Swift Current Broncos
- Americans to Host CH2M Military Appreciation Night on January 18 - Tri-City Americans
- Rebels Start Road Trip with a 3-2 Win in Swift Current - Red Deer Rebels
- Chiefs Sign Forward Kaden Hanas to WHL Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Raiders Add Schaufler from Thunderbirds - Prince Albert Raiders
- 'Canes Score Late Goal, Drop ICE 3-2 - Kootenay Ice
- ICE Acquire '00-Born Defenceman Brenden Kwiatkowski from Warriors - Kootenay Ice
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland at Regina - Game #41 - Portland Winterhawks
- Introducing the Wheat Kings Recycle Rally Contest - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Regina Exhibition Association Limited and Regina Pats Extend Their Partnership Agreement - Regina Pats
- Raiders Acquire Bader from Calgary - Prince Albert Raiders
- Hitmen Acquire the Rights to Quinn Olson from the Prince Albert Raiders - Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Douse Blazers - Victoria Royals
- Cougars End Road Swing with Loss - Prince George Cougars
- Silvertips Pull away in Third - Everett Silvertips
- Rockets Doubled up by Silvertips - Kelowna Rockets
- Spokane Opens Homestand with 4-2 Win - Spokane Chiefs
- Raiders Fall At Home To Thunderbirds - Prince Albert Raiders
- Kaluski Hat Trick Kicks Number One Ranked Prince Albert to the Curb - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Hitmen Tip Warriors in Shootout - Calgary Hitmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.