Barracuda Jump out to Lead But Fall 4-3 in Bakersfield
Bakersfield, CA - After a scoreless first period, the San Jose Barracuda (13-19-1-0) potted a pair of goals in the second to take a 2-0 lead but the Bakersfield Condors (14-8-3-3) would go on to score four straight to pick up a 4-3 win. With the victory, Bakersfield has now collected points in 11-consecutive games (8-0-2-1) and have won six in a row.
- John Leonard (6, 7) potted a pair of goals for his first two-goal game of his AHL career.
- Joachim Blichfeld netted his 13th goal of the year and now has goals in consecutive games.
- Veteran Condors forward Adam Cracknell (9) ripped in a power-play goal in the third period and now has five goals over his last three games.
- Condors forward James Hamblin (9) extending his goal streak to three games and now has four goals over the stretch.
- Highly touted Oilers prospect Dylan Holloway picked up a pair of assists in his pro debut.
- Condors d-man Vincent Desharnais (4) extended his point streak (2+3=5) to four games with a third-period goal.
- After the loss, the Barracuda have now dropped three consecutive games and eight in a row at Bakersfield.
- Bakersfield put a season-high 46 shots on net in the win.
The Barracuda are back at home on Sun., Jan. 23 against the Bakersfield Condors at 5 p.m. for Pucks and Paws Day. For tickets and more information visit sjbarracuda.com. Sunday is also Hockey Fights Cancer Night as the team will be wearing speciality lavender colored jersey that will be auctioned off for charity.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 23, 2022
- Gulls Leave Abbotsford with a Loss - San Diego Gulls
- Abby Canucks Earn Second Win in 24 Hours - Abbotsford Canucks
- Power Play Lifts Reign over Tucson as Frk Stays Hot - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners Drop Series Finale With Ontario Reign 6-5 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wyatte Wylie Powers 5-2 Win at Charlotte - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Sweep Wolves - Manitoba Moose
- Terry Lifts Islanders over Thunderbirds in Overtime - Bridgeport Islanders
- Wolf Pack Earn Weekend Split Thanks to Late Justin Richards Goal - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Late Tally Downs Bears on Sunday Afternoon - Hershey Bears
- Wolves Can't Track Down Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Walker's Two Goals, Cross' Three Assists Not Enough vs. Isles - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Canucks Sign Goalie to ATO - Abbotsford Canucks
- Checkers Fall Flat against Phantoms in Home Stand Finale - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Sign Defenseman Greg DiTomaso - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Assign Five to Wolf Pack from Taxi Squad - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolf Pack Aim for Weekend Split against Bears - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Wolf Pack at Bears, 3 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Continue Road Swing Sunday in Bridgeport - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Game #31: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hirano Scores First AHL Goal, Murdaca Earns First AHL Win in Canucks Victory - Abbotsford Canucks
- Barracuda Jump out to Lead But Fall 4-3 in Bakersfield - San Jose Barracuda
- Abbotsford Stops Gulls, 5-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Frk Lifts Reign with a Hat Trick - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners See Scoring From Usual Suspects, Fall To Ontario Reign In Series Opener - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Downed by Colorado, 3-2 - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Barracuda Stories
- San Jose Barracuda Announce Changes to Coaching Staff
- San Jose Barracuda Awarded 2024 American Hockey League All-Star Classic
- San Jose Barracuda Announce 2021-22 Team Award Winners
- Barracuda Finish Season with 5-2 Loss at Henderson
- Barracuda Sliced by Silver Knights, 6-4