Game Preview: Wolf Pack at Bears, 3 p.m.
(Hershey, PA) - The Hershey Bears continue the 2021-22 season, presented by Penn State Health, this afternoon against the Hartford Wolf Pack at GIANT Center. The puck drops at 3 P.M. The Hartford Wolf Pack are the American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's New York Rangers. The two teams rematch today after Hershey scored a 5-0 win last night. Tonight's game is sold out.
Hartford Wolf Pack (17-11-3-2) at Hershey Bears (19-11-3-2)
January 23, 2022 | 3 P.M. | Game #36 | GIANT Center
Referees: Justin Kea (#44), Michael Zyla (#4)
Linespersons: Tommy George (#61), Bob Goodman (#90)
Voice of the Bears Zack Fisch, and FOX43 Sports Director Todd Sadowski on the call
RADIO: WFVY-100.1 FM, Fox Sports 1460-AM, Caps Radio 24/7, In-arena at 88.9 FM
WATCH LIVE: AHLTV
LISTEN LIVE: Fox Sports AM-1460 Stream, Caps Radio 24/7
Radio pre-game coverage starts at 2:30 p.m.
LAST TIME OUT:
The Hershey Bears scored a 5-0 win in front of a sold out crowd of 10,514 last night at GIANT Center. The game was Hershey's GIANT Teddy Bear Toss, and the club collected a world-record 52,341 stuffed animals for over 25 local organizations as part of the team's Hershey Bears Cars program. Forward Axel Jonsson-Fjallby scored the teddy bear toss goal at 6:13 of the first period, and the forward added a pair of goals in the third period to complete a hat trick. Brian Pinho and Joe Snively also scored for Hershey, and Pheonix Copley finished with a 23-save shutout. Hershey outshot the Wolf Pack 36-23 on the night.
THE FLOW MAKES THEM FLY:
With three goals last night, forward Axel Jonsson-Fjallby posted his first career AHL hat trick. It was Hershey's first hat trick since Joe Snively had a trio of goals versus Springfield on Nov. 7, 2021. Jonsson-Fjallby now has 13 goals through 27 games this season, surpassing his previous career-best of 12 goals posted in 61 games during his rookie campaign in 2019-20. He leads Hershey in goals, ranks second in power play goals (4), and is third on the team in points (24).
TRIO OF THREE-POINT PERFORMERS:
Three different Hershey Bears posted three-point performances last night. Axel Jonsson-Fjallby's hat trick was his first three-point output this season. Joe Snively finished with a goal and two assists, collecting a trio of points for the fourth time this season. He extended his home scoring streak to 12 games. Garrett Pilon's three helpers marked his second three-point game this season. It was the third time he collected three assists in a single game in his AHL career.
STOPPED BY THE COPS:
Goaltender Pheonix Copley collected his second shutout of the season last night with his 23-save clean sheet. It was the 15th shutout of his AHL career, and his 11th as a member of the Bears. Copley improved his record to 10-7-2 on the season with a 2.61 goals-against average and a .902 save percentage.
Hershey only had to kill one penalty last night, marking a season low...Hershey defenseman Tobias Geisser has points in three of his past four games (1g, 3a)...Bears forward Shane Gersich has points in five of his past six games (4g, 2a)...Eddie Wittchow returned to Hershey's lineup last night. He returned for the first time since Dec. 19 when he suffered a lower-body injury versus Rochester.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 23, 2022
- Gulls Leave Abbotsford with a Loss - San Diego Gulls
- Abby Canucks Earn Second Win in 24 Hours - Abbotsford Canucks
- Power Play Lifts Reign over Tucson as Frk Stays Hot - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners Drop Series Finale With Ontario Reign 6-5 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wyatte Wylie Powers 5-2 Win at Charlotte - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Sweep Wolves - Manitoba Moose
- Terry Lifts Islanders over Thunderbirds in Overtime - Bridgeport Islanders
- Wolf Pack Earn Weekend Split Thanks to Late Justin Richards Goal - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Late Tally Downs Bears on Sunday Afternoon - Hershey Bears
- Wolves Can't Track Down Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Walker's Two Goals, Cross' Three Assists Not Enough vs. Isles - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Canucks Sign Goalie to ATO - Abbotsford Canucks
- Checkers Fall Flat against Phantoms in Home Stand Finale - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Sign Defenseman Greg DiTomaso - Hershey Bears
- Rangers Assign Five to Wolf Pack from Taxi Squad - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolf Pack Aim for Weekend Split against Bears - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Wolf Pack at Bears, 3 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Continue Road Swing Sunday in Bridgeport - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Game #31: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hirano Scores First AHL Goal, Murdaca Earns First AHL Win in Canucks Victory - Abbotsford Canucks
- Barracuda Jump out to Lead But Fall 4-3 in Bakersfield - San Jose Barracuda
- Abbotsford Stops Gulls, 5-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Frk Lifts Reign with a Hat Trick - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners See Scoring From Usual Suspects, Fall To Ontario Reign In Series Opener - Tucson Roadrunners
- Iowa Downed by Colorado, 3-2 - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.