Bakersfield Jam Select Six Players in 2014 NBA D-League Draft
BAKERSFIELD, November 1, 2014 - The Bakersfield Jam, proud affiliate of the Phoenix Suns, acquired six players in Saturday's NBA D-League Draft, including Robert Vaden with the 8th overall pick. Additionally, the Jam selected Michael Haynes (No. 62), Mohamed Tangara (No. 98), Bill Clark (No. 107), Ricardo Barbosa (No. 112), and John Petrucelli (No. 121).
"We are very happy with how the draft unfolded for us this year," said General Manager Bubba Burrage. "We are excited to get all of our newly acquired players into Bakersfield to start what we feel will be a very competitive camp."
Vaden (G, 6-5, 220, UAB) most recently played for Belfius Mons-Hainaut in Belgium, appearing in 10 games and averaging 9.0 points and 1.6 rebounds in 27.0 minutes. He has also played internationally for Telekom Baskets Bonn of Germany (2012-13), BK SPU Nitra of Slovakia (2010-11) and Aget Imola of Italy (2009-10). The Indiana native spent two seasons in the NBA D-League with the Tulsa 66ers (2010-12). In 81 career NBADL games, he averaged 11.5 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 2.3 assists in 29.8 minutes. Vaden was drafted 54th overall in the second round of the 2009 NBA Draft by the Charlotte Hornets. Immediately following the draft, his rights were traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Vaden played collegiately at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (2007-09) and Indiana University (2004-06). He started every game during his two seasons at IU and led the Hoosiers in assists (109) and steals (38), while also ranking second on the team in scoring (13.5 ppg) and rebounding (5.5 rpg) during the 2005-06 campaign.
Haynes (G/F, 6-7, 220, Fordham) most recently played in Belgium (2011-12) for the Optima Gent basketball team, where in 30 games (28 starts) he averaged 14.0 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 1.5 steals in 32.6 minutes per contest. He has also played professionally in Israel, Spain, Poland, France and Germany. In the 2010-11 season, Haynes played in 48 games for the Iowa Energy of the NBA D-League and averaged 10.5 points and 3.6 rebounds.
As a senior at Fordham, Haynes posted averages of 18.6 points and 7.4 rebounds in 27 games (25 starts).
Tangara (F, 6-8, 248, Arizona) played four years at Arizona and averaged 1.4 points and 1.0 rebound in 46 games. Tangara, a native of Mali, played in two FIBA Africa Championship Tournaments (2011, 2013) in which he averaged 10.6 points and 6.6 rebounds in 31.6 minutes per contest.
Most recently, Clark (G, 6-5, 205, Duquesne) has played professionally in France, Turkey, Ukraine, and Cyprus. He played four years at Duquesne and in his senior year (2011) he averaged 16.3 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 1.5 steals in 32 games (all starts).
Barbosa (G, 6-3, Brazil), nephew of NBA guard Leandro Barbosa, most recently played for Ososco Basquete of Brazil.
In addition, the Bakersfield Jam also announced the acquisition of Xavier Munford in a trade with the Maine Red Claws. In return, Bakersfield will send the returning player rights of Jake O'Brien and John Petrucelli (Bakersfield's 8^th round pick in today's NBADL draft).
Munford (G, 6-2, 180, Rhode Island) was Maine's third round draft pick (51^st overall) in today's draft. In two seasons at Rhode Island, he played and started in all 61 games and posted averages of 17.1 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.1 steals in 35.5 minutes.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 1, 2014
- Westchester Knicks Select Six Players in 2014 NBADL Draft - Westchester Knicks
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Rights to Millsavljevic, Vereen, Mollet & Marcus Hubbard in Trade - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Iowa Energy Finalize Training Camp Roster - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Unveil 2014 NBA D-League Draft Picks and Trade - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Bakersfield Jam Select Six Players in 2014 NBA D-League Draft - Bakersfield Jam
- Oklahoma City Blue Selects Six Players in NBA D-League Draft - Oklahoma City Blue
- Reno Bighorns Acquire Eight Players in NBA Development League Draft - Reno Bighorns
- BayHawks Training Camp Roster Set - Erie BayHawks
- Maine Red Claws Select 6 Players - Maine Red Claws
- Stampede Selects Eight Players in NBA D-League Draft - Idaho Stampede
- Canton Charge Select Six Players in 2014 NBA D-League Draft - Canton Charge
- Drive Select Robert Covington with First Overall Pick in NBA D-League Draft - Grand Rapids Drive
- Grand Rapids Drive Select Robert Covington with First Pick of 2014 - G League
- D-Fenders Finalize Training Camp Roster - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Skyforce Selects Seven Players in 2014 NBA D-League Draft - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Finalize 2014-15 Training Camp Roster - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Select Erik Murphy in the First Round of the 2014 NBA - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Select 7 Players in 2014 NBA D-League Draft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mad Ants Announce Pre-Draft Trade with Austin - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Austin Spurs Announce Pre-Draft Trade - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.