Austin FC Announces Second Installment of ATXFC Artist Initiative Rotating Mural Series
Austin, TEXAS - Austin FC announced today the second installment of the ATXFC Artist Initiative rotating mural series - featuring Austin-based artist Will Bryant - will be unveiled prior to the Club's September 15 match against LAFC. The Initiative engages local Austin artists and incorporates original Austin and Austin FC-inspired artwork into Q2 Stadium, St. David's Performance Center and a series of other creative executions to celebrate Austin's artist community.
The second rotating mural at Q2 Stadium's The Zebra Gate will feature Austin based artist, designer and illustrator Will Bryant. Bryant's fun, exuberant and lively work can be seen across Austin.
"When I was first approached by Austin FC for this project, there was no doubt in my mind. I was going to do whatever it took to make it happen. Being involved in this (ATXFC Artist Initiative), there is a tremendous amount of pride and honor. The mural is abstractly representing coming together around a center, in this case the oak tree. The inspiration came from my own work and the idea of a stadium and it housing people from all over the city. Fans coming together around one uniformed idea to cheer, scream and have a good time." commented Will Bryant, Austin-based artist, designer and illustrator.
Sherwin-Williams, the Official Paint Supplier of Austin FC, has supplied all paint-products used for the mural. Austin FC and Will Bryant will also work together on a series of consumer products collaborations and a match poster as part of the ATXFC Artist Initiative match poster series made possible in collaboration with The Zebra.
To support Austin's next generation of artists, the Club featured round-up donations at the Verde Store at Q2 Stadium for the month of July, benefiting Creative Action, an arts-based youth development organization that provides creative learning programs for Central Texas youth. That commitment continued when the Club hosted an art workshop that brought together 12 local students, ages 4-17, and Joel Corral - a featured artist in the Austin FC ATXFC Artist Initiative and member of the Austin FC supporters group, Los Verdes.
"Austin FC is here to be a catalyst for all that makes Austin unique," said Kaitlin Swarts, Austin FC Vice President of Community Impact. "The creative community is central to that, and the ATXFC Artist Initiative is our way to celebrate Austin creatives with our fans. We're excited to feature Will Bryant, and have his work add to our matchday experience."
Inspired by one of the Club's community pillars, Confidence for Creativity, the Initiative empowers the local artist community to be part of Austin FC's identity, while elevating some of the City's most important creators. As Austin FC continues to solidify its position as a stakeholder in Austin, the Club is dedicated to partnering with those who make Austin creative and unique through the ATXFC Artist Initiative.
Austin FC has worked with over a dozen Austin-based artists in 2021, including Chris Rogers, the Initiative's first muralist at The Zebra Gate, Will Hatch Crosby, Emily Eisenhart, ZuZu Perkal, Sloke One, Good Snake, Peelander Yellow, Erik Ross, Jonathan 'Chaka' Mahone, Joel Corral, Beth Consetta Rubel and Tara Johnston.
Show Goat Murals Works is also assisting muralist Will Bryant with the installations. Supporters of the mural community in Central Texas, Show Goat Works brings together the talent and styles of local creatives to continue building a collaborative art culture in Austin.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2021
- Inter Miami CF Earns 0-1 Win over Toronto FC with Late Winner - Inter Miami CF
- New York Falls to Columbus Crew 2-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC (0) Ã¢ÂÂ (1) Inter Miami CF Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- FC Dallas Splits Points on the Road with New York City FC in 3-3 Draw - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United FC at Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Rapids Visit Portland for Midweek Clash against Timbers - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC Announces Second Installment of ATXFC Artist Initiative Rotating Mural Series - Austin FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Travel West to Face LA Galaxy - Houston Dynamo FC
- Sounders FC Hosts Liga MX Side Santos Laguna in the Leagues Cup Semifinals - Seattle Sounders FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Youth Academy Set to Begin Inaugural Season - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC to Host Minnesota on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC and Orlegi Sports Announce Strategic Alliance, Kick off Latinx Heritage Month Activities and Continue Commitment to Support Vaccination Efforts in South King County - Seattle Sounders FC
- CF Montréal Faces Orlando City SC on Wednesday Night in Florida - Club de Foot Montreal
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- Charlotte FC Launches Greater Goals After-School Program - Charlotte FC
- Real Salt Lake Continues Two-Game Road Swing against San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- Orlando City Hosts CF Montréal on Wednesday - Orlando City SC
- #NYCvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- The Pitch - Tonight: MLS & LIGA MX All-Stars Face off in Leagues Cup Semifinal - MLS
- Breaking Down the Guzmán Corujo Signing - Charlotte FC
- Luis Montes from León and Juan Dinenno of Pumas Lead Clubs to Leagues Cup Semifinal in Houston; Game Time Set for 10 p.m. CT - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin FC Stories
- Austin FC Falls 4-0 to San Jose Earthquakes
- Austin FC and Q2 Host Blood Drive with We Are Blood
- Austin FC Announces Time Change for October 24 Match vs. Houston Dynamo FC
- Austin FC Falls to Minnesota United FC, 1-0
- Austin FC and Favor Partner to Launch On-Demand Delivery from Club's Verde Stores