Orlando City Hosts CF Montréal on Wednesday
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC (10-5-8, 38 points) returns to Exploria Stadium on Wednesday, Sept. 15, set to host CF Montréal (8-8-7, 31 points) in a 7:30 p.m. ET kickoff. Coverage is set to begin at 7 p.m. ET on FOX35 PLUS.
The match, presented by Pepsi, will also be available to stream on LionNation TV in addition to being locally broadcast on FOX35 PLUS. The fixture will be transmitted on 96.9 The Game in English and Acción 97.9FM, 810AM in Spanish. Tickets are available here or by calling (855) ORL-CITY.
"First time against Montréal [this season]. Last year we played them a couple of times and we were successful in those results, but this year they have had some changes and we'll try to organize our ideas and regroup after our last game," Head Coach Oscar Pareja said ahead of the match. "We're going in with the game plan in our hands and we'll try to execute it and get a result. This is the repetition every week, it's important and we know the importance of the match indeed."
The Lions will look to add to a current three-game win streak against Wednesday's opposition in all competitions, taking a pair of 1-0 victories from CF Montréal a year ago, the first of which took place in the Round of 16 at the MLS is Back Tournament and the latter late in the 2020 regular season behind a game-winner from Daryl Dike.
City will look to bounce back from a 3-0 defeat at Atlanta United on Friday night at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. The match saw the Lions' season-best seven-game unbeaten run come to an end, while forward Tesho Akindele recorded his 200th MLS appearance.
Nani leads the Lions with nine goals this season, followed by Benji Michel with four. Mauricio Pereyra leads the side in assists with eight, followed by Nani with seven.
CF Montréal comes into the midweek after falling to Nashville SC this past Saturday at Stade Saputo in a 1-0 defeat. Walker Zimmerman scored the eventual game-winner in the match in the 66th minute of play.
Mason Toye leads Montréal with seven goals on the year, followed by Djordje Mihailovic with four. Mihailovic holds the team-high in assists with eight on the season.
Following Wednesday's match, the Lions will embark on a three-game road trip beginning with a trip to Philadelphia to take on the Union on Sunday, Sept. 19 in a 4 p.m. ET kickoff at Subaru Park.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2021
- Inter Miami CF Earns 0-1 Win over Toronto FC with Late Winner - Inter Miami CF
- New York Falls to Columbus Crew 2-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC (0) Ã¢ÂÂ (1) Inter Miami CF Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- FC Dallas Splits Points on the Road with New York City FC in 3-3 Draw - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United FC at Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Rapids Visit Portland for Midweek Clash against Timbers - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC Announces Second Installment of ATXFC Artist Initiative Rotating Mural Series - Austin FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Travel West to Face LA Galaxy - Houston Dynamo FC
- Sounders FC Hosts Liga MX Side Santos Laguna in the Leagues Cup Semifinals - Seattle Sounders FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Youth Academy Set to Begin Inaugural Season - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC to Host Minnesota on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC and Orlegi Sports Announce Strategic Alliance, Kick off Latinx Heritage Month Activities and Continue Commitment to Support Vaccination Efforts in South King County - Seattle Sounders FC
- CF Montréal Faces Orlando City SC on Wednesday Night in Florida - Club de Foot Montreal
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- Charlotte FC Launches Greater Goals After-School Program - Charlotte FC
- Real Salt Lake Continues Two-Game Road Swing against San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- Orlando City Hosts CF Montréal on Wednesday - Orlando City SC
- #NYCvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- The Pitch - Tonight: MLS & LIGA MX All-Stars Face off in Leagues Cup Semifinal - MLS
- Breaking Down the Guzmán Corujo Signing - Charlotte FC
- Luis Montes from León and Juan Dinenno of Pumas Lead Clubs to Leagues Cup Semifinal in Houston; Game Time Set for 10 p.m. CT - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City Returns to Action at FC Cincinnati
- Daryl Dike Ranks Second in Star-Studded 22 Under 22 Presented by BODYARMOR Rankings
- Orlando City SC Unveils In the Hunt Pop-Up Installation as Team Makes Push for 2021 MLS Postseason
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Announce 2021 Breast Cancer Awareness Month Initiatives
- Daryl Dike's Stoppage Time Stunner Sends Orlando City Past DC United