Charlotte FC Launches Greater Goals After-School Program
CHARLOTTE, NC - Charlotte FC announced today the kickoff of its inaugural Greater Goals program which will provide free after-school soccer and literacy instruction for select Title 1 elementary school students in the greater Charlotte area.
"At Charlotte FC, we believe in soccer's power to bring positive change to the communities we serve. By providing children access to the game, we deliver on our commitment to education, inclusiveness, and social responsibility," said Charlotte FC President Nick Kelly. "In association with our community partners, Creative Player Foundation and Soccer Foundation of Charlotte, we are very excited to launch the Greater Goals Program which will provide the chance for many young girls and boys to believe in themselves and to feel empowered through soccer."
The program, which is being implemented for 22 elementary schools, consists of hour-long sessions twice per week led by skilled coaches and mentors. Participants will benefit from weekly programming to learn soccer skills and social values, including hard work, fair play, inclusion, teamwork, and respect.
Through their outreach, Charlotte FC's partners Creative Player Foundation and Soccer Foundation of Charlotte have impacted thousands of young soccer players from local communities who live below the poverty line. The U.S. Government considers after-school programs essential to support social, emotional, cognitive, and academic development, reduce risky behaviors, promote physical health, and provide a safe and supportive environment for children and youth.
As part of Charlotte FC's commitment to drive growth through the sport and community outreach, the Club has established three coreÂ programs to promote upward mobility including Greater Goals, Pitches for Progress and Captain's Academy.
The Pitches for Progress initiative will see the club install mini soccer pitches in communities across the Carolinas. Â In partnership with Ally, the first pitches were unveiled in East Charlotte in June 2021.
Charlotte FC's Captains Academy will commence later this fall bringing students from local high schools together for monthly meetings to listen to and learn from leaders in our community.
The Club will execute the Greater Goals program on an annual basis starting at the beginning of each school year.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2021
- Inter Miami CF Earns 0-1 Win over Toronto FC with Late Winner - Inter Miami CF
- New York Falls to Columbus Crew 2-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC (0) Ã¢ÂÂ (1) Inter Miami CF Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- FC Dallas Splits Points on the Road with New York City FC in 3-3 Draw - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United FC at Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Rapids Visit Portland for Midweek Clash against Timbers - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC Announces Second Installment of ATXFC Artist Initiative Rotating Mural Series - Austin FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Travel West to Face LA Galaxy - Houston Dynamo FC
- Sounders FC Hosts Liga MX Side Santos Laguna in the Leagues Cup Semifinals - Seattle Sounders FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Youth Academy Set to Begin Inaugural Season - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC to Host Minnesota on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC and Orlegi Sports Announce Strategic Alliance, Kick off Latinx Heritage Month Activities and Continue Commitment to Support Vaccination Efforts in South King County - Seattle Sounders FC
- CF Montréal Faces Orlando City SC on Wednesday Night in Florida - Club de Foot Montreal
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- Charlotte FC Launches Greater Goals After-School Program - Charlotte FC
- Real Salt Lake Continues Two-Game Road Swing against San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- Orlando City Hosts CF Montréal on Wednesday - Orlando City SC
- #NYCvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- The Pitch - Tonight: MLS & LIGA MX All-Stars Face off in Leagues Cup Semifinal - MLS
- Breaking Down the Guzmán Corujo Signing - Charlotte FC
- Luis Montes from León and Juan Dinenno of Pumas Lead Clubs to Leagues Cup Semifinal in Houston; Game Time Set for 10 p.m. CT - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte FC Stories
- 5 Things You Need to Know About MexTour at Bank of America Stadium
- CLTFC Player Update: October 2021
- MGM Television and Major League Soccer Collaborate on Reality Competition Series Featuring Charlotte FC
- Charlotte FC Names Shawn McIntosh Chief Fan Officer
- Charlotte FC Scout Ryan Johnson: "We're Putting in the Hours Every DayÃ¢ÂÂ