#NYCvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know
Eleventh-place FC Dallas (6-9-8, 26 points) visits fourth-place New York City FC (10-8-4, 34 points) on Tuesday, Sept. 14 at 6:30PM CT. It's the first and only meeting between the teams this season.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #NYCvDAL
DFW: TXA21 (English) and KMPX-29 (Spanish)
Amarillo: My Amarillo TV/KAMR
Lubbock: My Lubbock TV/KMYL
Streaming: 6:30PM on FCDallas.com/Stream
Radio: 6:30PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270AM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts Sporting Kansas City on Sept. 29 at Toyota Stadium.
5 Things to Know about #NYCvDAL
Tuesday's match will take place at Red Bull Arena - home of the New York Redbulls - instead of NYCFC's Yankee Stadium due to a scheduling conflict. The change of venue could favor FC Dallas (who has a 0-1-1 record at Yankee Stadium) since the dimensions of Red Bull Arena are much more similar to Toyota Stadium, whereas Yankee Stadium is noticeably smaller after its conversion from a baseball to soccer playing surface.
Dallas' match vs. NYCFC comes just three days after playing to a 1-1 draw with San Jose Earthquakes at Toyota Stadium meaning it's one of the team's shortest layoffs of the season. With four players (Bryan Acosta, Ricardo Pepi, Szabolcs Schön and Freddy Vargas) traveling great distances for international duty last week, FCD will need to be wary of tired legs in its lineup.
FC Dallas fullbacks Justin Che and Ema Twumasi were standout performers in Saturday's draw. In his first start since returning from injury, Che was able to lock down FCD's right flank and delivered the assist for Ricardo Pepi's equalizer. The 17-year-old Homegrown earned his second MLS Team of the Week honor for his efforts. On the other side, Twumasi switched from right back to left back for the very first time in place of the injured Ryan Hollingshead. Twumasi led all players with 71 touches, recorded a team-high 10 possessions gained and also finished with 88% passing accuracy.
Against New York
FC Dallas has a 1-1-3 (7 goals for, 8 goals against) all-time regular season record against NYCFC. The club's all-time away record against NYC is 0-1-1 (3 goals for, 5 goals against). The clubs last faced each other on Sept. 22, 2019 and played to a 1-1 draw at Toyota Stadium.
About New York
New York City FC is currently in fourth place in the Eastern Conference with 34 points and a 10-8-4 record. The club's leading scorer is Valentin Castellanos with 11 goals and seven assists. Last time out, NYC fell 2-1 to league-leaders New England Revolution on Sept. 11 at Gillette Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 14, 2021
- Inter Miami CF Earns 0-1 Win over Toronto FC with Late Winner - Inter Miami CF
- New York Falls to Columbus Crew 2-1 - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC (0) Ã¢ÂÂ (1) Inter Miami CF Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- FC Dallas Splits Points on the Road with New York City FC in 3-3 Draw - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United FC at Sporting Kansas City Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Rapids Visit Portland for Midweek Clash against Timbers - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC Announces Second Installment of ATXFC Artist Initiative Rotating Mural Series - Austin FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Travel West to Face LA Galaxy - Houston Dynamo FC
- Sounders FC Hosts Liga MX Side Santos Laguna in the Leagues Cup Semifinals - Seattle Sounders FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Youth Academy Set to Begin Inaugural Season - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC to Host Minnesota on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC and Orlegi Sports Announce Strategic Alliance, Kick off Latinx Heritage Month Activities and Continue Commitment to Support Vaccination Efforts in South King County - Seattle Sounders FC
- CF Montréal Faces Orlando City SC on Wednesday Night in Florida - Club de Foot Montreal
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- Charlotte FC Launches Greater Goals After-School Program - Charlotte FC
- Real Salt Lake Continues Two-Game Road Swing against San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- Orlando City Hosts CF Montréal on Wednesday - Orlando City SC
- #NYCvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- The Pitch - Tonight: MLS & LIGA MX All-Stars Face off in Leagues Cup Semifinal - MLS
- Breaking Down the Guzmán Corujo Signing - Charlotte FC
- Luis Montes from León and Juan Dinenno of Pumas Lead Clubs to Leagues Cup Semifinal in Houston; Game Time Set for 10 p.m. CT - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas and Continental Tire Announce Multi-Year Partnership Renewal
- Zac Brown Band to Headline 2022 National Soccer Hall of Fame Weekend
- FC Dallas and Minnesota United FC Split Points in Scoreless Draw
- National Soccer Hall of Fame Inducts 2020, 2021 Classes
- Bryan Acosta Called into National Team Duty for World Cup Qualifiers