Atlanta United to face Club America on Dec. 16 at 8 p.m. EST in 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinal
ATLANTA - Concacaf announced today the schedule for the 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League (SCCL) Final Rounds. The final seven matches of the Confederation's flagship club competition will be played Dec. 15-22, at Orlando's Exploria Stadium. Atlanta United's second leg Quarterfinal match against Club América will be played Dec. 16 at 8 p.m. EST.
The club announced a provisional roster for the tournament and a final 25-man roster will be released next week.
The 2020 SCCL was postponed in March, at the Quarterfinal Stage, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To resume the competition, Concacaf made the decision to introduce a centralized and simplified format, and developed extensive new SCCL regulations to ensure the delivery of a safe and highly controlled environment for all the players, coaches, team staff and officials who will participate. These include a high-frequency COVID-19 testing regime before and during the competition and robust health and safety protocols which will be strictly applied.
Through the introduction of an adjusted format with single leg matches, the 2020 SCCL will be concluded after a total of seven games.
The winner of this competition will be crowned Concacaf's regional club champion and will earn the right to represent the Confederation at the FIFA Club World Cup 2020, now scheduled to be played February 1-11, 2021, in Qatar. The current SCCL titleholder is CF Monterrey, who defeated Tigres UANL in the 2019 SCCL final.
The 2020 SCCL centralized Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Final will be played as follows (listed in EST):
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 - Quarterfinals
20:00 Montreal Impact (1) vs CD Olimpia (2)
22:30 Tigres UANL vs New York City FC
Wednesday, December 16, 2020 - Quarterfinals
20:00 Atlanta United FC (0) vs Club America (3)
22:30 Los Angeles FC vs Cruz Azul
Saturday, December 19, 2020 - Semifinals
20:00 Montreal Impact (CAN) or CD Olimpia (HON) vs Tigres UANL (MEX) or New York City FC (USA)
22:30 Atlanta United FC (USA) or Club America (MEX) vs Los Angeles FC (USA) or Cruz Azul (MEX)
Tuesday, December 22, 2020 - Final
22:00 Winner Semifinal No. 1 vs Winner Semifinal No. 2
All centralized final round matches of the 2020 SCCL will be played behind closed doors and will be widely available for fans across the region to follow and enjoy through the Confederation's TV partner networks, including FOX Sports (USA-English), TUDN (USA-Spanish), Fox Sports Latin America (Mexico-Spanish), ESPN (Central America-Spanish), TSN and RDS (Canada-English and French), Flow Sports (Caribbean-English) and other local partners.
Matches will also be available on the Concacaf Official App (subject to territory restrictions). The free mobile app is available in the iTunes and Google Play stores.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 1, 2020
- LAFC Announces Roster Moves for 2021 Season - Los Angeles FC
- Civic Activations Continue in Seattle Area as Sounders FC Hosts FC Dallas in Western Conference Semifinal Tonight - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Exercise 2021 Contract Options on 10 Players - Houston Dynamo
- Orlando City SC Designated Player Mauricio Pereyra Agrees to Contract Extension - Orlando City SC
- Tajon Buchanan Named 2020 Canadian Youth International Player of the Year - New England Revolution
- LAFC and Target to Host Week-Long Virtual Toy Drive from December 1 Ã¢ÂÂ December 5 - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Joins Washington Employers for Racial Equity Coalition - Seattle Sounders FC
- Montreal Impact Acquires Defender Zorhan Bassong - Club de Foot Montreal
- LAFC to Face Cruz Azul in Single-Leg Quarterfinal on Wednesday, December 16 at 7:30 PM PT - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United to face Club America on Dec. 16 at 8 p.m. EST in 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinal - Atlanta United FC
- Return Leg against CD Olimpia to be Played on December 15 - Club de Foot Montreal
- Orlando City SC Executes Permanent Transfer for Antonio Carlos, Defender Signs New Contract - Orlando City SC
- Impact Donates Clothes All over Quebec and in Honduras - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York City FC Announces Roster Moves for 2021 - New York City FC
- Vanney Steps Down as Toronto FC Head Coach - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Signs Midfielder Franco Ibarra
- Atlanta United to Unveil New Primary Kit in Advance of Fifth Season
- Fernando Meza Loaned out to Defensa y Justicia
- Round of 16 Schedule Announced for 2021 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League
- Atlanta United Signs Defender Ronald Hernandez on Loan