LAFC to Face Cruz Azul in Single-Leg Quarterfinal on Wednesday, December 16 at 7:30 PM PT
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and Concacaf today announced the schedule for the 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League (SCCL) Final Rounds. LAFC's single-elimination Quarterfinal contest against Liga MX side Cruz Azul is slated for December 16 at 7:30 p.m. PT.
The final seven matches of the Confederation's flagship club competition will all be played between December 15-22 at Orlando's Exploria Stadium.
The Black & Gold advanced to the quarterfinals after downing Club LeÃ³n 3-2 in the Round of 16. After suffering a 2-0 defeat in LeÃ³n on February 18, LAFC would bounce back and eliminate the Mexican side with a 3-0 victory in the second leg on February 27 at Banc of California Stadium.
To resume the competition, Concacaf introduced a centralized and simplified format, and developed extensive new SCCL regulations to ensure the delivery of a safe and highly controlled environment for all the players, coaches, team staff and officials who will participate.
The winner of this competition will be crowned Concacaf's regional club champion and will earn the right to represent the Confederation at the FIFA Club World Cup 2020, now scheduled to be played in Qatar from February 1-11, 2021.
The 2020 SCCL centralized Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Final will be played as follows (listed in PST):
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 - Quarterfinals
5:00 p.m. - Montreal Impact (CAN) vs. CD Olimpia (HON)
7:30 p.m. - Tigres UANL (MEX) vs. New York City FC (USA)
Wednesday, December 16, 2020 - Quarterfinals
5:00 p.m. - Atlanta United FC (USA) vs. Club America (MEX)
7:30 p.m. - Los Angeles Football Club (USA) vs. Cruz Azul (MEX)
Saturday, December 19, 2020 - Semifinals
5:00 p.m. - Montreal Impact (CAN) or CD Olimpia (HON) vs. Tigres UANL (MEX) or New York City FC (USA)
7:30 p.m. - Atlanta United FC (USA) or Club America (MEX) vs. Los Angeles FC (USA) or Cruz Azul (MEX)
Tuesday, December 22, 2020 - Final
7:00 p.m. - Winner Semifinal No. 1 vs. Winner Semifinal No. 2
All centralized final round matches of the 2020 SCCL will be played behind closed doors and will be widely available for fans across the region to follow and enjoy through the Confederation's TV partner networks, including FOX Sports (USA-English), TUDN (USA-Spanish), Fox Sports Latin America (Mexico-Spanish), ESPN (Central America-Spanish), TSN and RDS (Canada-English and French), Flow Sports (Caribbean-English) and other local partners.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 1, 2020
- LAFC Announces Roster Moves for 2021 Season - Los Angeles FC
- Civic Activations Continue in Seattle Area as Sounders FC Hosts FC Dallas in Western Conference Semifinal Tonight - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Exercise 2021 Contract Options on 10 Players - Houston Dynamo
- Orlando City SC Designated Player Mauricio Pereyra Agrees to Contract Extension - Orlando City SC
- Tajon Buchanan Named 2020 Canadian Youth International Player of the Year - New England Revolution
- LAFC and Target to Host Week-Long Virtual Toy Drive from December 1 Ã¢ÂÂ December 5 - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Joins Washington Employers for Racial Equity Coalition - Seattle Sounders FC
- Montreal Impact Acquires Defender Zorhan Bassong - Club de Foot Montreal
- LAFC to Face Cruz Azul in Single-Leg Quarterfinal on Wednesday, December 16 at 7:30 PM PT - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United to face Club America on Dec. 16 at 8 p.m. EST in 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinal - Atlanta United FC
- Return Leg against CD Olimpia to be Played on December 15 - Club de Foot Montreal
- Orlando City SC Executes Permanent Transfer for Antonio Carlos, Defender Signs New Contract - Orlando City SC
- Impact Donates Clothes All over Quebec and in Honduras - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York City FC Announces Roster Moves for 2021 - New York City FC
- Vanney Steps Down as Toronto FC Head Coach - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC and Defender Jesus David Murillo Agree to New Deal
- LAFC Selects Three Players in MLS SuperDraft 2021 Presented by Adidas
- LAFC Acquires MLS Homegrown Rights to Goalkeeper Tomas Romero
- LAFC Owns #14 Pick in Thursday's MLS SuperDraft
- LAFC Signs Korean International Kim Moon-Hwan