LAFC Announces Roster Moves for 2021 Season
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today roster moves for the 2021 MLS season. LAFC currently has 20 players under contract for 2021 after exercising three player options and declining five options for next year.
The Black & Gold have exercised contract options on goalkeeper Pablo Sisniega and forwards Danny Musovski and Carlos Vela. The Club declined contract options on goalkeeper Phillip Ejimadu, defenders JesÃºs Murillo and Andy Najar, and forwards Adrien Perez and Bradley Wright-Phillips. Conversations regarding the return of certain players are ongoing, including the purchase option for JesÃºs Murillo.
Defenders Jordan Harvey and Dejan JakoviÄ, as well as Wright-Phillips are eligible for Free Agency, which begins Dec. 16 at 10:00 a.m. PT. Additionally, the contract for defender Mohamed El-Munir and the loan agreement for defender Mark Segbers will expire at the end of the year. Ejimadu, Murillo, Najar, Perez and El-Munir will be eligible for the MLS Re-Entry Draft Process.
All players currently under contract for the 2020 season will be available to participate in the upcoming 2020 Concacaf Champions League tournament in Orlando, FL later this month.
The 20 players currently under contract for 2021 include goalkeepers Pablo Sisniega and Kenneth Vermeer, defenders Tristan Blackmon, Erik Dueñas, Tony Leone, Diego Palacios, Eddie Segura and Mohamed Traore, midfielders Eduard Atuesta, Latif Blessing, José Cifuentes, Bryce Duke, Francisco Ginella and Mark-Anthony Kaye, and forwards Danny Musovski, Kwadwo Opoku, Brian Rodriguez, Diego Rossi, Christian Torres and Carlos Vela.
Current Los Angeles Football Club Roster
Goalkeepers: Pablo Sisniega, Kenneth Vermeer
Defenders: Tristan Blackmon, Erik Dueñas, Tony Leone, Diego Palacios, Eddie Segura, Mohamed Traore
Midfielders: Eduard Atuesta, Latif Blessing, José Cifuentes, Bryce Duke, Francisco Ginella, Mark-Anthony Kaye
Forwards: Danny Musovski, Kwadwo Opoku, Brian Rodriguez, Diego Rossi, Christian Torres, Carlos Vela
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 1, 2020
- LAFC Announces Roster Moves for 2021 Season - Los Angeles FC
- Civic Activations Continue in Seattle Area as Sounders FC Hosts FC Dallas in Western Conference Semifinal Tonight - Seattle Sounders FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Exercise 2021 Contract Options on 10 Players - Houston Dynamo
- Orlando City SC Designated Player Mauricio Pereyra Agrees to Contract Extension - Orlando City SC
- Tajon Buchanan Named 2020 Canadian Youth International Player of the Year - New England Revolution
- LAFC and Target to Host Week-Long Virtual Toy Drive from December 1 Ã¢ÂÂ December 5 - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Joins Washington Employers for Racial Equity Coalition - Seattle Sounders FC
- Montreal Impact Acquires Defender Zorhan Bassong - Club de Foot Montreal
- LAFC to Face Cruz Azul in Single-Leg Quarterfinal on Wednesday, December 16 at 7:30 PM PT - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United to face Club America on Dec. 16 at 8 p.m. EST in 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinal - Atlanta United FC
- Return Leg against CD Olimpia to be Played on December 15 - Club de Foot Montreal
- Orlando City SC Executes Permanent Transfer for Antonio Carlos, Defender Signs New Contract - Orlando City SC
- Impact Donates Clothes All over Quebec and in Honduras - Club de Foot Montreal
- New York City FC Announces Roster Moves for 2021 - New York City FC
- Vanney Steps Down as Toronto FC Head Coach - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.