Anthem Game Changers Honoree for Wednesday Game
Dayton, OH - Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Ohio and the Dayton Dragons will host Katherine Stewart and her employer, Kroger, for the unique Anthem Game Changers program on Wednesday, June 16, when the Dayton Dragons take on the Fort Wayne TinCaps at Day Air Ballpark.
The Anthem Game Changer program recognizes essential workers, and their organizations, for the relentless commitment to the community during the pandemic. Their selfless efforts to provide necessities such as food, education, and emergency medical support throughout Covid-19 are immeasurable. Please join us to thank these Game Changers for their support and dedication. They changed the game for many in our community.
When the pandemic shut the world down last spring, essential personnel rose to the occasion to provide critical needs for our community. The selfless efforts of these people ensured access to necessities such as food, education, and emergency medical support. Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Ohio and the Dayton Dragons highlight Katherine Stewart and her employer, Kroger, for being Game Changers during COVID-19.
In the spring of 2020, Katherine started as a Clerk at her local Kroger. After a couple months, her employer noticed her leadership skills and promoted her to Store Lead. As a Store Lead, Katherine saw firsthand how the pandemic affected her shoppers. Many customers felt uncomfortable in public and were paralyzed by the potential to hurt themselves or their loved ones.
As many were met with an inability to get their groceries, Katherine knew she wanted to help. She applied for the E-Commerce Supervisor position and was quickly promoted. As an E-Commerce Supervisor, Katherine oversees 20 associates who assist customers with their online shopping and provide them a safe, no-contact, pickup. Katherine believes that helping others is what she was meant to do, especially when that help is making sure her community is secure in their food source.
Outside of work, Katherine continues to lead as an example in the community. When she is not shopping for her customers, Katherine invests her time with her Anything's Pawsible Animal Rescue Center, rings bells for the Salvation Army during the holidays, and is on the Senior Citizens Task Force in Clark County. On top of her already busy life, Katherine also home schools her five children who range from age 5 to 15.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Ohio and the Dayton Dragons applaud Katherine Stewart and Kroger for their commitment to provide for our community during an unprecedented time. They changed the game for many in the community! Please join us in thanking this Anthem Game Changer at the Dragons game on Wednesday, June 16.
The Dragons play at beautiful, downtown Day Air Ballpark and are scheduled to play 42 more home games during the regular season. Game times are 7:05 p.m. for Tuesday through Saturday games and 2:05 p.m. on Sundays. No Monday games are scheduled at this time. Gates open one hour prior to game time. Single-game tickets for all Dragons 2021 home games are available at www.daytondragons.com or by phone at (937) 228-2287.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from June 15, 2021
- Cedeno, Trogrlic-Iverson Lead Peoria to Series-Opening Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Series Preview: Peoria Chiefs vs. Beloit Snappers Pt. II - Peoria Chiefs
- Kernels Extend Homer Streak Tuesday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Hiring as Parkview Field Capacity Increases - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Misner Doubles Twice In 6-4 Loss To Chiefs - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Score 4 in Bottom of 9th for Walk-Off Win - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Stun Whitecaps on Walk off Error - Lake County Captains
- Cubs Tie Season-Best Mark with Eight Runs in the Third - South Bend Cubs
- Elliott Strong, But Dragons Rally in 9th - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Quad Cities Beats Wisconsin with a Five-Run Eighth inning - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Transactions & Game Information: June 15 at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Weisenburger Promoted, Leal Added and Will Start Tonight - Lansing Lugnuts
- Toyota Road Report June 15-20: Cedar Rapids - South Bend Cubs
- Tickets for All Seats, All Games Now on Sale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes - Dayton Dragons
- Celebrate Independence Day on July 3 at Four Winds FieldÃÂ - South Bend Cubs
- Anthem Game Changers Honoree for Wednesday Game - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons Close out Season with Win, Finish in Tie for First But Miss Playoffs
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Sunday
- Dragons Win But Playoff Hopes End as Cedar Rapids Tops Peoria
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Saturday
- Dragons Earn 4th Straight Win, Stay in Playoff Hunt