Cedeno, Trogrlic-Iverson Lead Peoria to Series-Opening Win
Peoria, Ill. - Leandro Cedeno drove in four runs in his first two at-bats, while Nick Trogrlic-Iverson struck out eight to lead the Chiefs to a 6-4 win on Tuesday.
Beloit scored first in the contest. After Kameron Misner singled and stole second, Troy Johnston singled into center to give Beloit an early 1-0 advantage three batters into the game.
The Chiefs used a two-out rally to regain the lead in the bottom of the first. After Pedro Pages walked, Brady Whalen singled to bring up Leandro Cedeno. Cedeno doubled off the left field wall and scored two runs to give Peoria their first lead. Cedeno has driven in a run in each of the last four contests, tied for the longest streak on the team.
In the third inning, Cedeno delivered again. He doubled for the second time in as many at bats, this time to left center, which gave the Chiefs a 4-1 advantage.
After the teams traded runs in the fifth, Zade Richardson homered to left field to give the Chiefs their biggest lead of the night, a 6-2 bulge. It was Richardson's fifth long ball of the year.
Beloit scratched two runs in the eighth inning but would not get any traction in the ninth. Chiefs reliever Freddy Pacheco struck out the side and picked up his third save of the 2021 season.
The Chiefs continue their series with division-rival Beloit tomorrow at 6:35 p.m.
Single Game Ticket Information
June single game tickets are now on sale! Tickets can be purchased online or at the box office Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and on Friday's from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. The box office will be closed for lunch daily between 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Tickets for July, August and September will be available at a later time.
The Peoria Chiefs are locally owned and operated and play their games at Dozer Park. The Chiefs are a committed community asset and premier entertainment venue for families and individuals in Central Illinois.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from June 15, 2021
- Cedeno, Trogrlic-Iverson Lead Peoria to Series-Opening Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Series Preview: Peoria Chiefs vs. Beloit Snappers Pt. II - Peoria Chiefs
- Kernels Extend Homer Streak Tuesday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Hiring as Parkview Field Capacity Increases - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Misner Doubles Twice In 6-4 Loss To Chiefs - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Score 4 in Bottom of 9th for Walk-Off Win - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Stun Whitecaps on Walk off Error - Lake County Captains
- Cubs Tie Season-Best Mark with Eight Runs in the Third - South Bend Cubs
- Elliott Strong, But Dragons Rally in 9th - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Quad Cities Beats Wisconsin with a Five-Run Eighth inning - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Transactions & Game Information: June 15 at Dayton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Weisenburger Promoted, Leal Added and Will Start Tonight - Lansing Lugnuts
- Toyota Road Report June 15-20: Cedar Rapids - South Bend Cubs
- Tickets for All Seats, All Games Now on Sale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes - Dayton Dragons
- Celebrate Independence Day on July 3 at Four Winds FieldÃÂ - South Bend Cubs
- Anthem Game Changers Honoree for Wednesday Game - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.