Americans Rally Back to Beat Kansas City 3-2
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL) and Iowa Wild (AHL), defeated the Kansas City Mavericks by a score of 3-2 on Wednesday night at Allen Event Center in the first of a four-game series.
Chad Butcher was the biggest offensive player of the night with his first and second goals of the season. His first of the night came at the 14:33 mark of the second period, when he put a backhander past Mavericks' goalie Matt Greenfield, to cut the lead to 2-1. Butcher scored his second of the night late in the final frame on a beautiful back door pass from Les Lancaster to give the Americans the lead for good.
"Kansas City always plays us tough," said Americans forward Samuel Laberge. "We didn't like our game in the first period and made our adjustments. Two big points tonight for us. Another great night between the pipes for Marotte (Francis).
The Americans outshot Kansas City 37 to 33 for the night. The Americans went 0 for 3 on the power play while Kansas City went 1 got 4. Game two of the four-game series is on Friday night in Allen.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 7, 2021
- Americans Rally Back to Beat Kansas City 3-2 - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Defeated by Allen Wednesday Night 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Late Game Magic Gives Nailers Fourth Straight Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Stingrays Come up Short to Indy in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Fuel Snap Losing Skid with Overtime Winner against South Carolina - Indy Fuel
- Brady Boardman Selected as Teacher of the Month for March - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Game Preview at Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - April 7 - ECHL
- Lewis and Gerard Reassigned to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Day Preview: KC at Allen, 7:05 Pm - Allen Americans
- Rush Announce Dates for Opening Weekend 2021 - Rapid City Rush
- Four-Game Week Starts at Home - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Indy Fuel, April 7 at 7:05 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Greenville Earns a Point in Shootout Loss at Orlando - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.