Albuquerque Isotopes Clinch American Southern Division
In just their first season as Triple-A partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Albuquerque Isotopes have clinched the Pacific Coast League's American Southern Division, giving the team a berth in the PCL Playoffs for the just the second time in the franchise's seven-year history.
"While it's always exciting to be in contention for the post-season, thanks to the incredible support of Isotopes fans, this entire season has been filled with excitement dating back to Opening Day," said Isotopes General Manager John Traub. "In appreciation of that support, ticket prices for every post-season game at Isotopes Park will remain exactly the same as they were for the regular season, guaranteeing the same affordable family fun fans have come to expect throughout the 2009 season."
On game days, the Isotopes Park Box Office is open from 10:00 AM to the end of the game. On non-game days fans can purchase tickets at Isotopes Park from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday and 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday. The Box Office is closed Sundays, but will be open for regular hours on Labor Day Monday, September 7.
The first round of the 2009 PCL Playoffs is a best-of-five set and would begin with games one and two at Isotopes Park on Wednesday, September 9 and Thursday, September 10 before moving to the home park of the PCL's American Northern Division Champion. If the Isotopes advance to the PCL Championship series, which is also best-of-five, games one and two would be held at Isotopes Park on Tuesday, September 15 and Wednesday, September 16. All games will begin at 6:35 PM MT.
The Isotopes' franchise-record 13-game homestand rolls on with Fan Appreciation Weekend both tonight and tomorrow, featuring back-to-back fireworks show. Tickets for any Isotopes game may be purchased at the Isotopes Park Box Office, at Ticketmaster outlets, by phone at 1-800-745-3000, or on-line at www.albuquerquebaseball.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2009
- Seventh-inning rally helps 'Topes derail Express, 6-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sky Sox break out of slump, thump Portland 11-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 12th-inning Patterson blast puts Sounds in first - Nashville Sounds
- Murton ends Sky Sox skid with two homers, six RBI - Portland Beavers
- OKC tops New Orleans, 9-4 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Z's Lose to OKC - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- John Bowker named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Jones, Strickland named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rodriguez Optioned to Salt Lake, Denham Reassigned to Arkansas - Salt Lake Bees
- Matt Carson Wins PCL Player of the Week Honors - Sacramento River Cats
- Hester Chosen as All-PCL Catcher - Reno Aces
- Aces Mystery Ball Fundraiser Set For September 4 - Reno Aces
- PCL Names Players of the Week - PCL
- Sounds SS Alcides Escobar Named To All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- DiNardo Named to 2009 All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Terry Evans Named to 2009 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- 2009 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- 51s Blank Aces, 9-0 - Reno Aces
- Albuquerque Isotopes Clinch American Southern Division - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Mariachis Hit High Note as Greatest Gorra
- Mariachis Advance to Championship Round of #GreatestGora
- Isotopes to Host "A Speech of Their OwnÃ¢ÂÂ Initiative
- Isotopes/Mariachis Join Minor League Baseball's "Greatest Gorra" Cap Competition
- Isotopes "Stadium Memories" Series to Air on TV, Radio and Facebook Live