Aces Mystery Ball Fundraiser Set For September 4
RENO, Nev.- The Reno Aces, in conjunction with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and Susan G. Komen for the Cure, will present the first Aces Mystery Ball Fundraiser on Friday, Sept. 4 at Aces Ballpark.
The Mystery Ball event will feature more than 200 baseballs for sale signed by current and former Reno Aces players, as well as Arizona Diamondback stars. Featured players include Trent Oeltjen, Rusty Ryal and Brandon Allen, as well as D-back stars Dan Haren, Justin Upton, Mark Reynolds and manager A.J. Hinch.
Fans will have the opportunity to pay a flat fee of $25, cash only, for which they will receive a ball signed by one of the featured players. The "mystery" is that fans do not know which player signed their ball until after they receive it.
Proceeds from this event will be split between the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the two charities chosen by Reno fan-favorites Rusty Ryal and Trent Oeltjen.
Mystery balls will be available for purchase behind Section 112 immediately after gates open at 6:05 p.m. PT. Mystery balls will be available to all fans on a first-come, first-served basis.
A sellout is anticipated for the Sept. 4 game, which will be followed by the final fireworks show of the 2009 season. Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance of gameday and arrive early to ensure the best chance of purchasing a mystery ball.
Tickets for the Sept. 4 game, as well as all remaining Aces games, can be purchased by calling (775) 334-7000, online at RenoAces.com, or by visiting the Box Office at Aces Ballpark.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2009
- Seventh-inning rally helps 'Topes derail Express, 6-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sky Sox break out of slump, thump Portland 11-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 12th-inning Patterson blast puts Sounds in first - Nashville Sounds
- Murton ends Sky Sox skid with two homers, six RBI - Portland Beavers
- OKC tops New Orleans, 9-4 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Z's Lose to OKC - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- John Bowker named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Jones, Strickland named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rodriguez Optioned to Salt Lake, Denham Reassigned to Arkansas - Salt Lake Bees
- Matt Carson Wins PCL Player of the Week Honors - Sacramento River Cats
- Hester Chosen as All-PCL Catcher - Reno Aces
- Aces Mystery Ball Fundraiser Set For September 4 - Reno Aces
- PCL Names Players of the Week - PCL
- Sounds SS Alcides Escobar Named To All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- DiNardo Named to 2009 All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Terry Evans Named to 2009 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- 2009 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- 51s Blank Aces, 9-0 - Reno Aces
- Albuquerque Isotopes Clinch American Southern Division - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada