Hester Chosen as All-PCL Catcher
RENO, Nev. - Former Aces catcher John Hester was named to the 2009 All-Pacific Coast League team Monday, as voted on by PCL field managers and media representatives.
Hester hit .328 with 9 home runs and 66 RBIs in Reno before being promoted to the Arizona Diamondbacks on Aug. 28. His 66 RBIs tied him for fourth among all Arizona farmhands, and is a new career-high for the Stanford alum. While in Reno, Hester hit two grand slams and had the longest home hitting streak in the PCL this year, hitting safely in 26 consecutive games at Aces Ballpark from May 11 to Aug. 2.
Hester has continued his hot hitting since joining the Diamondbacks. He is 2-for-3 with a home run and three RBIs in his first two games with the Aces Major League parent club. On Aug. 28 in Phoenix, he became only the 101st player in baseball history to homer in his first-career Major League at bat.
The Aces conclude their season with an eight-game homestand beginning Monday night against division-rival Sacramento. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m. PT.
For tickets, stop by the Aces Ballpark Box Office, call (775) 334-7000, or visit the Aces online at RenoAces.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2009
- Seventh-inning rally helps 'Topes derail Express, 6-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sky Sox break out of slump, thump Portland 11-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 12th-inning Patterson blast puts Sounds in first - Nashville Sounds
- Murton ends Sky Sox skid with two homers, six RBI - Portland Beavers
- OKC tops New Orleans, 9-4 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Z's Lose to OKC - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- John Bowker named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Jones, Strickland named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rodriguez Optioned to Salt Lake, Denham Reassigned to Arkansas - Salt Lake Bees
- Matt Carson Wins PCL Player of the Week Honors - Sacramento River Cats
- Hester Chosen as All-PCL Catcher - Reno Aces
- Aces Mystery Ball Fundraiser Set For September 4 - Reno Aces
- PCL Names Players of the Week - PCL
- Sounds SS Alcides Escobar Named To All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- DiNardo Named to 2009 All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Terry Evans Named to 2009 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- 2009 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- 51s Blank Aces, 9-0 - Reno Aces
- Albuquerque Isotopes Clinch American Southern Division - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada