Z's Lose to OKC
Game Keys - The Oklahoma City Redhawks scored 9 runs on 12 hits and 13 walks to defeat the New Orleans Zephyrs 9-4 on Monday afternoon at Bricktown Ballpark. The 13 walks were a season high by the Zephyrs pitching staff.
Oklahoma scored first on a bases loaded walk in the first inning. Starter Willie Glen lasted three innings and walked seven in the defeat. Oklahoma City starter Brian Gordon pitched four scoreless innings but left the game due to pitch count. Josh Rupe pitched 2.2 innings and earned the win. Willie Eyre pitched the final two innings and earned the save.
The Z's offense was led by John Raynor's two hits. He also picked up a RBI. New Orleans had a few chances to get back in the game but left 8 men on base. Oklahoma City left 14 men on base in the game. Game Notes: The Zephyrs are 6-6 on the trip. The Albuquerque Isotopes clinched the division title with their win on Sunday and the Redhawks defeat,
Coming Up: The Zephyrs and RedHawks continue a four game set from Oklahoma City on Tuesday at 7:05. The Zephyrs will start RH Rick VandenHurk(5-2, 2.97) against RH Elizardo Ramirez (8-10, 4.67) for OKC. RADIO: AM 690 WIST
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2009
- Seventh-inning rally helps 'Topes derail Express, 6-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sky Sox break out of slump, thump Portland 11-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 12th-inning Patterson blast puts Sounds in first - Nashville Sounds
- Murton ends Sky Sox skid with two homers, six RBI - Portland Beavers
- OKC tops New Orleans, 9-4 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Z's Lose to OKC - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- John Bowker named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Jones, Strickland named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rodriguez Optioned to Salt Lake, Denham Reassigned to Arkansas - Salt Lake Bees
- Matt Carson Wins PCL Player of the Week Honors - Sacramento River Cats
- Hester Chosen as All-PCL Catcher - Reno Aces
- Aces Mystery Ball Fundraiser Set For September 4 - Reno Aces
- PCL Names Players of the Week - PCL
- Sounds SS Alcides Escobar Named To All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- DiNardo Named to 2009 All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Terry Evans Named to 2009 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- 2009 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- 51s Blank Aces, 9-0 - Reno Aces
- Albuquerque Isotopes Clinch American Southern Division - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.