Terry Evans Named to 2009 All-PCL Team
SALT LAKE CITY (August 31, 2009) - The Pacific Coast League announced today that Bees outfielder Terry Evans has been named to the 2009 All-PCL Team. The All-PCL team is annually chosen by the league's managers and media representatives in recognition of outstanding achievement on the field.
Evans, 27, has appeared in 128 games for the Bees in 2009, hitting .286 with six triples, 25 home runs and 86 RBI. He also leads the Bees with 32 doubles and 26 stolen bases. He is currently tied for the fourth-most home runs in the PCL this season. Evans was named to the PCL All-Star team in 2009 for the second time in his career following his selection in 2007. He also participated in the 2009 Triple-A Home Run Derby.
The Dublin, Ga. native made his major league debut with the Angels on June 17, 2007, hitting a home run in his first at-bat. He has appeared in a total of eight games for the Halos. Evans joined the Angels organization from the St. Louis Cardinals in exchange for Jeff Weaver on July 5, 2006.
The Salt Lake Bees continue the team's final regular season road trip tonight against the Tacoma Rainiers at 8 p.m. The team returns home on Friday, September 4 to begin the final four games of the 2009 regular season against the Sacramento River Cats.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2009
- Seventh-inning rally helps 'Topes derail Express, 6-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sky Sox break out of slump, thump Portland 11-4 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 12th-inning Patterson blast puts Sounds in first - Nashville Sounds
- Murton ends Sky Sox skid with two homers, six RBI - Portland Beavers
- OKC tops New Orleans, 9-4 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Z's Lose to OKC - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- John Bowker named to All-PCL Team - Fresno Grizzlies
- Jones, Strickland named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rodriguez Optioned to Salt Lake, Denham Reassigned to Arkansas - Salt Lake Bees
- Matt Carson Wins PCL Player of the Week Honors - Sacramento River Cats
- Hester Chosen as All-PCL Catcher - Reno Aces
- Aces Mystery Ball Fundraiser Set For September 4 - Reno Aces
- PCL Names Players of the Week - PCL
- Sounds SS Alcides Escobar Named To All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- DiNardo Named to 2009 All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Terry Evans Named to 2009 All-PCL Team - Salt Lake Bees
- 2009 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- 51s Blank Aces, 9-0 - Reno Aces
- Albuquerque Isotopes Clinch American Southern Division - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ