AirHogs Wrap 2018 Season, Thomas Named to All-Star Squad
CLEBURNE, Texas - The Texas AirHogs got two hits, one RBI and one run scored from Stewart Ijames but could not withstand the Cleburne RailRoader bats in the season finale Monday at The Depot. The AirHogs fell to their South Division rivals 15-4 to close the 2018 campaign.
On the bright side, AirHogs outfielder Dillon Thomas was selected to the American Association All-Star team by league officials and media members. Thomas, whose 37 doubles led the Association this year, played the first 80 games of the season with Texas, hitting .333 with with 13 home runs and 54 RBIs.
The American Association All-Star selection was the first in the career of Thomas, who signed with the Milwaukee Brewers organization earlier this month. He is currently hitting .293 with five RBIs and a .464 OBP for the Brewers' Advanced-A affiliate, the Carolina Mudcats.
Dustin Williams broke the contest in Cleburne open Monday with a grand slam to power a five-run fourth for the RailRoaders. Williams would match a franchise record with seven RBIs in the game. James Williams (1-0) earned the win with six innings of two-run ball.
Ijames, Javion Randle, Yan Shangqi and Ni Ziyang picked up RBIs in the loss. Randle finished with two hits. Ijames reached 101 hits on the 2018 season with a single and a double. The AirHogs conclude the season 25-75. Cleburne wraps the campaign 33-66.
The contest marks the last in a historic 2018 season for the the AirHogs - powered by Beijing Shougang Eagles. This year's squad featured 50 players from the Chinese national baseball program as part of a new partnership with Beijing Shougang. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com and follow the team on Twitter and Facebook @TXAirHogs for the latest news this offseason. Media inquiries: email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 3, 2018
- North Division Champion RailCats Announce North Division Series Schedule - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wingnuts Celebrate Final Game at Lawrence-Dumont with Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Claim North Division with 3-2 Comeback Win vs. KC - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Garrett Powers Canaries to Season-Ending Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RedHawks Finish 2018 Season with Loss to Canaries - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- AirHogs Wrap 2018 Season, Thomas Named to All-Star Squad - Texas AirHogs
- Railroaders Sweep Final Series of Year - Cleburne Railroaders
- Tickets Now on Sale as Saints Will Host First Two Games of North Division Series on Tuesday and Wednesday - St. Paul Saints
- Cunningham Named All-Star; Host Playoffs Tuesday & Wednesday - Kansas City T-Bones
- Sermo and Garcia Sweep Weekly Awards - Sioux City Explorers
- Perfect 10: Saints Win Season Finale, Wait to See If They Are Division Champs - St. Paul Saints
- Saltdogs Washed out in Season Finale - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Mazzola Reaches Career Milestone, Goldeyes Fall to Saints - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Curt Smith Chosen as a Postseason All-Star - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lang, Samson and Sermo Named All-Stars - Sioux City Explorers
- First Baseman Brady Shoemaker and Catcher Justin O'Conner Represent Playoff Bound Saints as Post-Season All-Stars - St. Paul Saints
- Banwart, Tillman, Watkins Snag Postseason Honors - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs Drop Penultimate Game of 2018 - Texas AirHogs
- T-Bones Clinch Playoff Spot; Defeat Gary in 16 Innings - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- De Leon's Herculean Relief Outing Not Enough in 16-Inning, 3-2 Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.