AirHogs Drop Penultimate Game of 2018
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - The Texas AirHogs dropped their final home game of 2018 to the Cleburne RailRoaders 8-5 Sunday. Texas closes the 2018 season in Cleburne Monday at 1:05 p.m.
Zhang Tao (3-3) got the start for the AirHogs and allowed five runs (four earned) over three innings. He struck out five and walked four. Josh Hodges (5-6) earned the win for Cleburne with six innings of five-hit ball. He struck out three while allowing three runs (two earned).
Liang Pei picked up three RBIs in the loss. His two-RBI single in the fifth helped Texas briefly cut an early 6-0 deficit to 6-3.
Liu Guoqing and Sean Stutzman gave out a combined three runs in the fifth and sixth before Taylor Wright, Tyler Matzek and Carlos Contreras fired three innings of scoreless ball to complete the game on the mound for Texas.
Stewart Ijames and Correlle Prime each picked up a hit and an RBI. Cleburne was led by Cameron Monger, who enjoyed a three-hit, two-RBI evening. Cleburne left 11 aboard in the game. The AirHogs stranded four.
Texas (25-74) travels to Cleburne (32-66) Monday to close the season. First pitch is slated for 1:05 p.m. The starter for the AirHogs is TBA. RHP James Daniel Williams (0-0, 1.50 ERA) is expected to start for the RailRoaders. A live stream of the game will be available at mixlr.com/TXAirHogs.
For the latest news on the AirHogs - powered by Beijing Shougang Eagles, visit AirHogsBaseball.com and follow the team on Twitter and Facebook @TXAirHogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from September 3, 2018
- North Division Champion RailCats Announce North Division Series Schedule - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wingnuts Celebrate Final Game at Lawrence-Dumont with Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Claim North Division with 3-2 Comeback Win vs. KC - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Garrett Powers Canaries to Season-Ending Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RedHawks Finish 2018 Season with Loss to Canaries - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- AirHogs Wrap 2018 Season, Thomas Named to All-Star Squad - Texas AirHogs
- Railroaders Sweep Final Series of Year - Cleburne Railroaders
- Tickets Now on Sale as Saints Will Host First Two Games of North Division Series on Tuesday and Wednesday - St. Paul Saints
- Cunningham Named All-Star; Host Playoffs Tuesday & Wednesday - Kansas City T-Bones
- Sermo and Garcia Sweep Weekly Awards - Sioux City Explorers
- Perfect 10: Saints Win Season Finale, Wait to See If They Are Division Champs - St. Paul Saints
- Saltdogs Washed out in Season Finale - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Mazzola Reaches Career Milestone, Goldeyes Fall to Saints - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Curt Smith Chosen as a Postseason All-Star - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lang, Samson and Sermo Named All-Stars - Sioux City Explorers
- First Baseman Brady Shoemaker and Catcher Justin O'Conner Represent Playoff Bound Saints as Post-Season All-Stars - St. Paul Saints
- Banwart, Tillman, Watkins Snag Postseason Honors - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs Drop Penultimate Game of 2018 - Texas AirHogs
- T-Bones Clinch Playoff Spot; Defeat Gary in 16 Innings - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- De Leon's Herculean Relief Outing Not Enough in 16-Inning, 3-2 Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.