Admirals Release Goaltender Karl Goehring
NORFOLK, VA - Norfolk Admirals General Manager Claude Loiselle announced today that the Admirals have released goaltender Karl Goehring from his Professional Tryout Contract (PTO).
Goehring (pronounced " GAIR-ihng"), is a 5-foot-8, 160-pound goaltender from Apple Valley, Minnesota. After signing with Norfolk on November 20, Goehring appeared in one game with the Admirals in relief on November 28 at Albany, posting a 7.30 goals-against average and .769 save percentage without a decision. The 29-year-old had appeared in two AHL games with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins this season, going 0-1-0 with a 2.12 goals-against average and .909 save percentage.
The Admirals will host the Hershey Bears Friday night and the Philadelphia Phantoms Saturday night at Scope. The first 5,000 fans through the gates on Friday night will get a shot at winning Hockey Heaven, presented by Southwest Airlines. The winner will receive an exciting weekend of hockey with tickets to two Admirals games plus an Admirals jersey, and tickets, hotel accommodations and airfare to Tampa Bay for a Tampa Bay Lightning game plus a Lightning jersey. For more details, please visit norfolkadmirals.com.
To purchase tickets to any Admirals game, you may visit the Scope Box Office weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., visit any Ticketmaster outlet, call Ticketmaster at (757) 671-8100 or visit Ticketmaster online at www.ticketmaster.com. To purchase Admirals season tickets, ten packs or group tickets, please stop by the Admirals' administrative offices at Scope or call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2007
- Admirals to Feature US Cellular Teddy Bear Toss Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Celebrate a Holiday skate with the Aeros on December 19 - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms To Hold Toy Drives, Helping Hand Auction This Weekend - Adirondack Phantoms
- Syracuse Signs Karl Goehring - Syracuse Crunch
- Cook County Clerk To Help Wolves Rock The Vote - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals to Rock Out with Bret Michaels - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sound Tigers Release Johnson - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rourke Clears Waivers, Headed To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Waddell released from PTO - Connecticut Whale
- IceHogs Players Spread Holiday Cheer - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Release Goaltender Karl Goehring - Norfolk Admirals
- Sound Tigers To Give Free Tickets For Kids December 26 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears battle at home Saturday and Sunday this week - Hershey Bears
- Aucoin, Hamel Named Team Captains For AHL All-Star Classic - Albany River Rats
- Crunch to Welcome New York State High School Football Champions - Syracuse Crunch
- Pair of Wolves Forwards Sent To Gwinnett - Chicago Wolves
- Hamel, Aucoin named team captains for 2008 AHL All-Star Classic - Binghamton Senators
- Moose join forces with Salvation Army, Toyota to collect toys this holiday season - Manitoba Moose
- Hamel, Aucoin named team captains for 2008 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Forward Artem Ivanyuzenkov Loaned to Norfolk from AHL's San Jose Barracuda
- Sakellaropoulous Traded to the Rapid City Rush
- Admirals Acquire Former 1st-Round Pick Phillips from Worcester
- Halverson's Stellar Effort Not Enough as Jacksonville Tops Norfolk
- Rymsha's OT Goal Lifts Norfolk Past Jacksonville in a Rollercoaster Game