Phantoms To Hold Toy Drives, Helping Hand Auction This Weekend
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Phantoms are getting set for a weekend of family fun, great hockey and assistance to the Greater Philadelphia Region at the Wachovia Spectrum this weekend.
On Friday night, the Phantoms host the Toronto Marlies at 7:05 in a matchup between two of the top teams in the American Hockey League. Maya and Miguel from PBS Kids will be on hand throughout the game, walking around the concourse and greeting fans. There will be a meet-and-greet in Bullies after the game, and fans can sign up on the concourse to attend the event. Also that night, the Phantoms will welcome CBS-3 and CW57 to the Spectrum concourse for their Joy of Sharing Toy Drive with the Salvation Army. Fans are asked to bring new, unwrapped toys for the drive, which will then be donated to less fortunate families around the area.
On Sunday, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins visit the Spectrum for a 5:05 start. During the evening, the Phantoms will stage the eighth annual Helping Hands auction to benefit the Children's Miracle Network at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. The entire Phantoms roster and selected Flyers players - Daniel Briere, Martin Biron, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Kimmo Timonen, and Riley Cote - have made handprints on 11 x 17 cards, which have been framed and are ready for display. The majority of the cards will be sold via silent auction on the Spectrum concourse during the game, while selected cards will be sold in a live auction after the game in Bullies.
Sunday also marks the first of two Toys for Tots nights the Phantoms are holding over the next week. Again, fans are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy to Sunday's game or the Friday, Dec. 21 game vs. Hershey to donate to Toys for Tots.
Tickets are available at the Wachovia Complex box office, online at ComcastTIX.com or phantomshockey.com, or by phone at 1-800-298-4200.
Phantoms season tickets and game plans are still available for the 2007-08 season. Fans can secure the same great seat at a discount for 6, 10, 20 or prorated season tickets for Phantoms home games this season while receiving an impressive list of exclusive benefits. Packages start as low as $60!
For more information or to make a deposit, call the Phantoms at 215-465-4522 during normal business hours. Single-game tickets for the entire season are available via ComcastTIX at www.phantomshockey.com, with kids tickets only $10 for any seat, any game, all season long. More information is also available at the Phantoms website, Phantomshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2007
- Admirals to Feature US Cellular Teddy Bear Toss Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Celebrate a Holiday skate with the Aeros on December 19 - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms To Hold Toy Drives, Helping Hand Auction This Weekend - Adirondack Phantoms
- Syracuse Signs Karl Goehring - Syracuse Crunch
- Cook County Clerk To Help Wolves Rock The Vote - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals to Rock Out with Bret Michaels - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sound Tigers Release Johnson - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rourke Clears Waivers, Headed To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Waddell released from PTO - Connecticut Whale
- IceHogs Players Spread Holiday Cheer - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Release Goaltender Karl Goehring - Norfolk Admirals
- Sound Tigers To Give Free Tickets For Kids December 26 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears battle at home Saturday and Sunday this week - Hershey Bears
- Aucoin, Hamel Named Team Captains For AHL All-Star Classic - Albany River Rats
- Crunch to Welcome New York State High School Football Champions - Syracuse Crunch
- Pair of Wolves Forwards Sent To Gwinnett - Chicago Wolves
- Hamel, Aucoin named team captains for 2008 AHL All-Star Classic - Binghamton Senators
- Moose join forces with Salvation Army, Toyota to collect toys this holiday season - Manitoba Moose
- Hamel, Aucoin named team captains for 2008 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.