Admirals to Rock Out with Bret Michaels
Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals President Jon Greenberg announced today that Bret Michaels will be welcomed by Lee Jeans and Miller Lite in a post-game concert on Saturday, March 8th after the team's 7:30 pm game versus the Rockford IceHogs.
Michaels recently starred in his own reality show, Rock of Love that ran on VH1 beginning last summer and was that network's highest rated show of all time. The show featured 20 ladies competing for Michaels' affection, but the show ended without a successful match and thus a second season will begin airing January 13th, 2008.
Michaels reached rockstar status as the lead vocalist of the hard rock band Poison. With Michaels as the lead singer, the group became one of the best selling bands of the 1980s, producing hit records such as Look What the Cat Dragged in, Open Up and Say Ah, and Flesh and Blood. The group has had numerous successful Top 40 singles including top ten singles "Nothin' But A Good Time," "Something To Believe In," and "Unskinny Bop" and their #1 song and timeless ballad "Every Rose Has its Thorn."
Overall, Bret has recorded five solo albums and has released 12 records with Poison. Displaying the range that has made him one of music's top vocalists, Michaels' most recent solo album, Freedom of Sound is a successful country album. In addition, the Pennsylvania native served as a judge on the wildly popular reality series "Nashville Star."
Michaels has also recorded and produced material for other artists such as Stevie Nicks, Phil Vassar, and Uncle Kracker and performed in concert with the likes of Clint Black, Paul McCartney, Peter Frampton, and Charlie Daniels.
The performance by Michaels will be the third concert the Admirals will host for their fans this season. The show is free to attend with an Admirals game ticket.
Fans can purchase tickets for March 8th, or any Admirals game, by calling Ticketmaster at (414) 276-4545 or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Groups of ten or more people receive a minimum of $2 off of each ticket. For more information or to order group tickets call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 13, 2007
- Admirals to Feature US Cellular Teddy Bear Toss Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Celebrate a Holiday skate with the Aeros on December 19 - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms To Hold Toy Drives, Helping Hand Auction This Weekend - Adirondack Phantoms
- Syracuse Signs Karl Goehring - Syracuse Crunch
- Cook County Clerk To Help Wolves Rock The Vote - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals to Rock Out with Bret Michaels - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sound Tigers Release Johnson - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rourke Clears Waivers, Headed To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Waddell released from PTO - Connecticut Whale
- IceHogs Players Spread Holiday Cheer - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Release Goaltender Karl Goehring - Norfolk Admirals
- Sound Tigers To Give Free Tickets For Kids December 26 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bears battle at home Saturday and Sunday this week - Hershey Bears
- Aucoin, Hamel Named Team Captains For AHL All-Star Classic - Albany River Rats
- Crunch to Welcome New York State High School Football Champions - Syracuse Crunch
- Pair of Wolves Forwards Sent To Gwinnett - Chicago Wolves
- Hamel, Aucoin named team captains for 2008 AHL All-Star Classic - Binghamton Senators
- Moose join forces with Salvation Army, Toyota to collect toys this holiday season - Manitoba Moose
- Hamel, Aucoin named team captains for 2008 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.