Admirals Forward Patrick Maroon Named CCM/AHL Player of the WeekMarch 11, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Norfolk Admirals Press Release
Maroon returned from a three-week stint in the National Hockey League and posted four goals and two assists in three games for the Admirals.
After being assigned on Tuesday, Maroon rejoined the Admirals lineup on Wednesday night and scored the game-tying goal in the third period as Norfolk gained a standings point with a 3-2 overtime loss vs. Charlotte. On Friday, Maroon had a goal and two assists to spark the Admirals to a 5-1 victory over Hershey. And in Saturday's rematch with the Bears, Maroon's two third-period goals sealed a 4-1 Norfolk win.
Maroon has registered 19 goals and 17 assists for 36 points in 48 games with Norfolk this season, good for second on the team in scoring. He also ranks first on the club in power-play goals (eight), game-winning goals (three, tied) and penalty minutes (113). The 24-year-old native of St. Louis, Mo., is in his fifth pro season and has totaled 109 goals and 155 assists for 264 points in 337 career AHL games with Norfolk, Syracuse and Philadelphia/Adirondack. He has appeared in nine NHL games with the parent Anaheim Ducks this season, scoring his first career NHL goal on Feb. 16 at Nashville.
In recognition of his achievement, Maroon will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Admirals home game.
Norfolk begins a three-game road trip on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. against the Charlotte Checkers in Game 7 of the GEICO Challenge Cup. All games can be heard on 102.1-FM, 1490-AM or 1021TheGame.com. You may also watch at AHLLive.com.
The Admirals return to Scope on March 19-20 to face off against the Adirondack Phantoms. Both games are Admirals Value Nights, with Family Fun Packs and Student Rush Night tickets available.
Family Fun Packs include four discounted Red Level Tickets plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $54 - that's a savings of $37!
Student Rush Nights provide $9 White Level Tickets (normally $17 on game nights) for students with a valid current high school or college ID. In addition, when you buy a Student Rush Night Ticket, you get a buy-one, get-one free offer for the next Student Rush Night.
Family Fun Packs are available at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster.com. Student Rush Night Tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game.
Don't miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime.
American Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2013
- Dallas Stars Recall Right Wing Tomas Vincour - Texas Stars
- Home Cooking Taste Good for the Worcester Sharks - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Tampa Bay Recalls Defenseman Radko Gudas - Syracuse Crunch
- Anaheim Recalls Forwards Patrick Maroon and Devante Smith-Pelly from Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Anaheim Ducks Acquire Center Kyle Wilson from Tampa Bay - Norfolk Admirals
- Lightning Acquire Forward Dan Sexton From Anaheim - Syracuse Crunch
- Tye McGinn Returns to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Islanders Return Ullstrom to Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Mike Pelech Signed to PTO - Peoria Rivermen
- Texas Stars Release Defenseman Jacob Johnston from ATO - Texas Stars
- Amerks to Host Cross-Ice Mite Hockey Tournament on Sunday, March 24 - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Coyotes Sign Samuelsson to Entry-Level Contract - Portland Pirates
- Worcester Sharks Announce Three Transactions - Worcester Sharks
- Hogs Keep Pace, Earn Four Points in Week 22 - Rockford IceHogs
- Aeros Release Goalie Jeff Jakaitis from PTO - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Host Salute to Uranus Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Forward Patrick Maroon Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Norfolk Admirals
- Norfolk's Patrick Maroon Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Nashville Predators Recall Halischuk from Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Goloubef Assigned To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Lightning Defenseman Brendan Mikkelson Reassigned To Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Ebbett and Schroeder Swap Spots - Chicago Wolves
- Texas Stars Release Forward Doug Jones from PTO - Texas Stars
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- IceCaps Acquire Cullity from Springfield for Future Considerations - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Trade Cullity To Icecaps - Springfield Falcons
- Bears Look Forward To Light Work Weekend - Hershey Bears
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Costello Released from AHL Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.