Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings at CyclonesFebruary 18, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Kalamazoo Wings
Earning overtime victories in back-to-back games against the Toledo Walleye, the K-Wings are hoping to keep up their momentum and makeup ground in the Eastern Conference. With 55 points, Kalamazoo trails the Elmira Jackals by three points for eighth place in the conference.
On the heels of a five-game winning streak, Cincinnati joins the South Carolina Stingrays as the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference. With 68 points, the Cyclones lead the North Division and trial the Reading Royals by six points for the top spot in the conference.
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Cincinnati Cyclones
Goals: Nick Sirota (17 Goals) Garrett Wilson (19 Goals)
Assists: Aaron Clarke, Sam Ftorek (25 Assists) David Pacan (29 Assists)
Points: Aaron Clarke (41 Points) David Pacan (40 Points)
+/-: Alexandre Grenier, Brett Lysak, Chris Reed (+16)
Elgin Reid, Yann Sauve (+7)
Penalty Minutes: Nick Sirota (51 Minutes) Andrew Conboy (198 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Sam Ftorek (6 Goals) Garrett Wilson (7 Goals)
Short Handed Goals: Nick Sirota (2 Goals) Josh Birkholz (3 Goals)
Game Winning Goals: Aaron Clarke (5 GW) Josh Shalla (5 GW)
Shots: Sam Ftorek (139 Shots) Mathieu Aubin (158 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Wesley Myron (33.3%) Josh Shalla (22.1%)
Overtime Goals: Yann Savue (3 Goals) Taylor Aronson, Mattias Lindstrom,
Cam Reid (1 Goal)
Shootout Goals: Kory Karlander, Eric Kattelus (2 Goals) Mathieu Aubin, Josh Birkholz,
Josh Shalla (2 Goals)
Shootout Percentage: John Armstrong, Michael Davies Mike Embach (100 %)
Sam Ftorek (100%)
Goals Against Average: Joel Martin (2.69 ) Brian Foster (2.58)
Save Percentage: Joel Martin (0.922) Michael Houser (0.921)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Series: K-Wings Trail All-Time Series: 49-53-3-8 (Includes ECHL/IHL)
All-Time ECHL Series: K-Wings Lead ECHL All-Time Series: 25-17-3-4
Season Series: Season Series is Tied: 2-2-0-1
Last Meeting: K-Wings Won 3-2 in Overtime on January 26th @ U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio
Next Meeting: Friday, March 1st @ Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Mallet to AHL
Yesterday, forward Alexandre Mallet was reassigned to the Chicago Wolves. The trip to the AHL by Mallet marks the 14th time this season that a member of the K-Wings has been loaned or reassigned to the AHL.
Good Things Come in Threes
Forwards Aaron Clarke and Wesley Myron are starting to heat up. Both players begin the week on three-game point streaks.
On a Roll
The K-Wings enter the week on a roll. Kalamazoo heads into Cincinnati winning six out of their last eight games.
Mr. OT K-Wings defenseman Yann Sauve has a knack for the overtime heroics. Three of Sauve's four goals this season have come in overtime.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now by calling stopping by the Wings Stadium Ticket Office or at any Ticketmaster location.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto the team's website at www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, video on your hometown team, and much, much more.
Join special guests Head Coach Nick Bootland and the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno on Monday, March 11th for the next edition of "K-Wings Live". The show is on WZUU (92.5 FM) and online through www.kwings.com from 6-7 p.m. at Old Burdick's Wings West.
K-Wings on Radio
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (92.5 FM WZUU & on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 20 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Thursday, February 21st @ Reading 7:05 PM
Saturday, February 23rd @ Elmira 7:05 PM
Sunday, February 24th @ Elmira 4:05 PM
Friday, March 1st Vs Cincinnati 7:30 PM (Vegas Night and FANomenal Fan Friday)
Saturday, March 2nd @ Cincinnati 7:30 PM
Sunday, March 3rd @ Wheeling 2:00 PM
ECHL Stories from February 18, 2013
- Royals Radio Recon Is Ready for the Fast and the Furious - Reading Royals
- 7,707 for Monday Matinee as Alaska Pulls Away Late - Utah Grizzlies
- Guggenberger, Aces Offense Shine in 6-1 Win over Grizzlies - Alaska Aces
- K-Wings Give Gutsy Effort In Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - February 18 - ECHL
- Wings Defeat Cyclones, 4-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Road Warriors Can't Wheel in Victory over Nailers - Greenville Road Warriors
- Titans Fall at Home to Elmira, 4-1 - Trenton Titans
- Delmas Denies Road Warriors in Shootout - Wheeling Nailers
- Afternoon Delight for Jackals in Trenton - Elmira Jackals
- Condors move to within six points of playoff spot - ECHL
- Game Date Change Reminder - Orlando Solar Bears
- Toledo Releases May and Felten - Toledo Walleye
- Stingrays Weekly: Dog Days of Winter and Pink in the Rink Highlight Weekend for Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Komets Host Cyclones Friday, Nailers Here Sunday; Bus Stuff for Community Harvest Food Bank Begins F - Fort Wayne Komets
- Titans GameDay vs. Elmira, February 18 - Game 53 (Home 27) - Trenton Titans
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Candiens Reassign Delmas to Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Stars from Hardcore Pawn Coming on March 9th - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Today - February 18 - ECHL
- Steelheads Edge Wranglers, Win 3-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- While You Were Sleeping: Steelheads Beat Vegas - Idaho Steelheads
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings at Cyclones - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.