Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo vs ReadingJanuary 9, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Kalamazoo Wings
On a two-game winning streak, the K-Wings have won four out of their last five games. To keep up their current pace, Kalamazoo will need to find offense from new places, as leading-scorer Eric Kattelus has reassigned to the AHL's Chicago Wolves. With 33 points, Kalamazoo is in fourth place in the North Division.
Starting a four-game road swing this evening, the Royals are 10-5-1-1 this season away from the Sovereign Center. With a record of 25-8-1-1, Reading owns the best record in the Eastern Conference and leads the Atlantic Division by 15 points over the second place, Elmira Jackals.
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Reading Royals
Goals: Aaron Clarke, Eric Kattelus (13 Goals) Denny Urban (13 Goals)
Assists: Kory Karlander (21 Assists) David Marshall,
Yannick Tifu (21 Assists)
Points: Eric Kattelus (32 Points) Yannick Tifu (33 Points)
+/-: Darren Archibald (+6) Adam Comrie (+14)
Penalty Minutes: Harry Young (41 Minutes) Bryant Molle (76 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Eric Kattelus (5 Goals) Kirk MacDonald, David Marshall,
Danny Urban (5 Goals)
Short Handed Goals: Eric Kattelus, Nick Sirota (1 Goal) Alex Berry, Ian O'Connor (1 Goal)
Game Winning Goals: Aaron Clarke, Eric Kattelus (2 GW) Yannick Tifu (3 GW)
Shots: Sam Ftorek (90 Shots) Kirk MacDonald (100 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Alexandre Mallet (22.7 %) Matt Pope (20%)
Overtime Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals) Ian O'Connor, Scott Wietecha (1 Goal)
Shootout Goals: Eric Kattelus, Kory Karlander (2 Goals) David Marshall, Danny Urban (3 Goals)
Shootout Percentage: Michael Davies (100%) Danny Urban (100 %)
Goals Against Average: Joel Martin (2.65 ) Philipp Grubauer, Drew MacIntrye (2.30)
Save Percentage: Joel Martin (0.917) Drew MacIntyre (0.938)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Series: K-Wings Lead All-Time Series: 7-2-1-0
Season Series: First Meeting of the Season
Last Meeting: K-Wings Won 5-1 on January 29th @ Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo, Michigan (2011-2012)
Next Meeting: Sunday, February 10th @ Sovereign Center in Reading, Pennsylvania
Plenty of Debuts
Forwards Brian Bicek, Alexandre Grenier and Jeff Pierce will all be making their K-Wings debuts tonight. Kalamazoo added their roster with Tuesday's reassignment of forward Eric Kattelus and defenseman Adam Polasek to the Chicago Wolves.
Alexandre the Great
Forward Alexandre Mallet has been on a scoring tear. Mallet has earned five goals in his last seven games.
Lighting the Lamp
Kalamazoo's seven-goal performance last Saturday at Wings Stadium was the most they have recorded in a game this season. The seven-goal outburst was the most that the K-Wings have scored since March 18, 2012 when they posted a ECHL team record nine goals versus the Toledo Walleye.
Out of Division The K-Wings game this evening will be the first versus a team from the Atlantic Division. Tonight's contest for Kalamazoo will be sixth out of the North Division this season and their first since December 15th versus the Florida Everblades.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now by calling the Wings Stadium Ticket Office at (269) 345-5101.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, information about Wings Stadium events, and much, much more.
Anthony, Karlander, Sirota on the Radio
Join special guests Steven Anthony, Kory Karlander and Nick Sirota, as they join Head Coach Nick Bootland and the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno on Monday, January 14th for the next edition of "K-Wings Live". The show is on WZUU (92.5 FM) and online through www.kwings.com from 6-7 p.m. at Old Burdick's Downtown.
K-Wings on Radio
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (92.5 FM WZUU & on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 20 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Saturday, January 12th @ Gwinnett 7:05 PM
Sunday, January 13th @ Gwinnett 4:05 PM
Wednesday, January 16th Vs Elmira 7:00 PM (Kibbles & Sticks, Presented by Adams Outdoors and COOL 101)
Friday, January 18th @ Evansville 7:15 PM (CDT)
Saturday, January 19th Vs Fort Wayne 7:30 PM (5th Annual McDonald's Golden Ice Game, Presented by WNWN)
ECHL Stories from January 9, 2013
- Salters Scores Twice as Everblades Sink Walleye 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Shut Down 4-0 by Cincinnati - Orlando Solar Bears
- Hetenyi's 28 Saves Backstop Cyclones to 4-0 Win over Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Kalamazoo Winning Streak Snapped in 2-1 Loss to Reading Royals - Kalamazoo Wings
- Lamoureux and Carlson Fill Reign Roster Spots - Ontario Reign
- Trenton Titans Week in Review - Trenton Titans
- Grizzlies Host Las Vegas Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Acquire Rights to D T.J. Fast from Greenville for Cohen - Bakersfield Condors
- Lampe, Lunden Head to AHL - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Transactions - January 9 - ECHL
- Reign's Carrozzi Recalled to IceCaps - Ontario Reign
- Spencer Bennett, Jesse Dudas Added to Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Get Your Drink on at the SF Bulls Game this Thursday - San Francisco Bulls
- Courtnall and McNeely Called up to Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mara Joins Couture in Houston - Ontario Reign
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo vs Reading - Kalamazoo Wings
- Center Ryan Green, Thunder Agree to Terms - Stockton Thunder
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- LoVerde Answers the Monarchs Call - Ontario Reign
- Toledo Adds Three to Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Forwards Alex Berry and Matt Pope Loaned by Hershey to Reading - Reading Royals
- Tam and Tarasov Recalled by Worcester; Lessard Re-Joins Bulls, Tolles Signed - San Francisco Bulls
- Thunder Acquires Rights to D Colten Hayes - Stockton Thunder
- Stingrays Receive Forward Phil Mangan from Stockton - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Orlando - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Cincinnati Cyclones Tonight - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Add Two Former Broncos - Kalamazoo Wings
- Yogan Reassigned to Connecticut - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Today - January 9 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.