Sea Dogs Topped 7-to-5 In Series FinaleJune 7, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Portland Sea Dogs
The Sea Dogs got on the scoreboard first in the bottom of the third inning. Zach Gentile reached on an error in front of a Nick Natoli single putting runners on first and second base with one out. Shannon Wilkerson then singled in Gentile bringing his season high hit streak to seven games.
Reynaldo Rodriguez led-off the Sea Dogs half of the fourth with a double. Two outs later Derrik Gibson doubled home Rodriguez to give Portland a 2-0 lead.
Bowie broke through in their half of the fifth inning scoring two runs to tie the game. Allan de San Miguel singled Jonathan Schoop, who was hit by a pitch, over to second. Following an Antoan Richardson walk, Josh Barfield drove Schoop home on a sacrifice fly. Allan de San Miguel also came around to score on a Rhyne Hughes walk.
Juan Carlos Linares extended his season high hitting streak to ten games in the bottom of the fifth inning. Linares' hit brought home Natoli, who doubled to lead-off the inning, to break the 2-to-2 tie. Rodriguez doubled in the fifth for an Eastern leading-leading 19th time.
In the bottom of the sixth inning Jeremy Hazelbaker doubled home Gentile to give the Sea Dogs a 4-3 lead. Hazelbaker has hit safely in 12 of 15 games.
Back-to-back doubles by Hughes and Brandon Waring put Bowie even with the Sea Dogs at 4-to-4 to lead-off the top of the 7th. The BaySox brought three more runs across for a total of four giving Bowie a 7-to-4 lead. Schoop had a RBI and de San Miguel doubled home two runs.
Bowie starter Zach Clark lasted five innings giving up three runs, two earned, on eight hits. Clark walked a batter and struck-out two.
Chris Balcom-Miller matched his season high strikeout total with five and threw a season high six walks. He went four and two-thirds innings giving up two runs on two hits. Chorye Spoone (0-1) came in to relieve Balcom-Miller and gave up three runs on three hits. He also threw four walks and struck out one batter. Spoone, Balcom-Miller and Caleb Clay combined for a Sea Dogs' season high eleven walks.
The Sea Dogs begin a three game set against the Richmond Flying Squirrels on Friday, June 8 at 7:00 PM. Anthony Ranaudo (1-1) is scheduled for the Dogs against Richmond's Mike Kickham (4-5) to open the series. The game can be heard on 95.5/95.9 WPEI FM. Tickets are available by calling the Sea Dogs Ticket Office at 207-879-9500 or oneline at seadogs.com.
Eastern League Stories from June 7, 2012
- Adams Drives in Three as Trenton Bests Erie, 5-1 - Trenton Thunder
- Six-Run Eighth Turns Nailbiter into Rout as Curve Roll - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets Salvage Series Behind Wheeler, 4-1 - Binghamton Mets
- Thunder Pitching Rolls over 'Wolves - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Split with Cats to Take Series - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- McDade Homers Again in Thursday Split - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Wright Flirts with No-Hitter as Aeros Complete Sweep - Akron Aeros
- Howard Promoted, Jacobo Added - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Trenton Thunder - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Topped 7-to-5 In Series Finale - Portland Sea Dogs
- Players on the Move in Akron - Akron Aeros
- Baysox Walk into a Win, Avoid Sweep - Bowie Baysox
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at New Hampshire - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- UPMC Health Plan Paints the Park Pink this Weekend - Erie SeaWolves
- Cowboy Monkey Rodeo Rides into Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Game Notes: at Harrisburg Senators - Binghamton Mets
- The Force Is Strong in Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- 3-D Fireworks Show Added to Schedule - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.