May 21, 2013
Wolves Weekly NotesMarch 14, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Chicago Wolves
The Wolves have notched points in each of their last five games (3-0-0-2) to move into a tie for fourth place in the West Division with 79 points (35-25-3-6); Chicago is tied with Peoria, which holds one game in hand, and trails first-place Milwaukee, which holds four games in hand, by four points.
--- JASON KROG: Shared the team-lead with four points (G, 3A) in three games last week ... Ranks first on the Wolves and third in the AHL with 46 assists and holds second on the squad and fifth in the league with 62 points in 69 outings this season ... Tallied nine points (3G, 6A) in his last eight games, despite being held scoreless in three of them
--- DARREN HAYDAR: Dished out three assists in three games last week, which includes his 20th multiple-point outing on Friday (2A) ... Ranks first on the Wolves and third in the AHL with 64 points in 66 games this season ... Paces Chicago and is tied for eighth in the league with 25 goals and holds second on the team and fifth in the AHL with 39 assists ... Amassed five goals and 11 points in his last eight contests
--- ARTURS KULDA: Shared the team-lead with four points (G, 3A) in three games last week, which includes posting multiple points in each of his last two outings ... Ranks fifth among team blueliners with 11 assists and shares fourth among club rear guards with 16 points in 58 games this season
--- TIM MILLER: Accrued three points (2G, A) in three games last week, which includes matching a career-high two goals on Friday ... Ranks second among team rookies with nine goals and third among club first-year pros with 16 points in 22 games this season ... Tallied six goals and 10 points in his last nine games ... Also skated in 46 matchups with the ECHL's Gwinnett Gladiators this season, racking up 20 goals and 36 points
--- EDWARD PASQUALE: Amassed a 3-0-1 mark, 2.17 goals-against average and .922 save percentage over the last four games after not appearing in an AHL game since Jan. 29 ... Registered a 2.84 goals-against average and .902 save percentage in 16 outings with the Wolves (8-6-1) and 3.69 goals-against average and .898 save percentage in 12 ECHL tilts with Gwinnett (7-4-0)
--- The Wolves have scored a power-play goal in a season-high five straight games (five of 27); Chicago has potted a league-high 67 man-advantage markers and ranks fourth in the AHL with a 20.6 power-play rating (67 of 326).
--- Forward TIM MILLER's goal nine seconds into the game on Friday was the fastest goal from the start of a game this season and tied a franchise record.
--- The Wolves have scored five or more goals in a game 20 times this season, which includes Sunday's 5-1 win over Rockford; Chicago has notched a 16-2-1-1 record when potting five or more markers in a game this season.
--- Four of the Wolves last seven games have gone to extra time (0-3-1); Chicago earned the victory in just one of those games and has notched a 3-11-3 mark in overtime and a 5-6 mark in the shootout this season.
--- Chicago is one of eight teams in the AHL and the only one in the West Division to not have been awarded a penalty shot this season; the Wolves have turned away four of five penalty shots against this year, which includes EDWARD PASQUALE denying Peoria's Dave Spina on Friday.
--- The Wolves have been perfect on the penalty kill 22 times this season (15-4-0-3), which includes thwarting all five of Rockford's power-play chances on Sunday; Chicago ranks 29th in the league with a 77.7 percent efficiency rating on the penalty kill overall this season (251 of 323).
--- The Wolves will host the 11th annual Skates Mates Kids Club party, exclusively for members, at the Allstate Arena tonight from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Kids club members will have the opportunity to meet their favorite players, get a tour of the Wolves locker room and get the chance to try on hockey equipment. For more information, or to sign up, call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
WOLVES REWIND (2-0-0-1)
Sun., March 13
Chicago 5, (at) Rockford 1
--- The Wolves broke a 1-1 stalemate with four unanswered goals en route to grabbing a 5-1 win over the Rockford IceHogs at the Rockford MetroCentre
--- Forwards FREDRIK PETTERSSON (G, A), RILEY HOLZAPFEL and RYAN GARBUTT and defensemen PAUL POSTMA and ARTURS KULDA lit the lamp for the Wolves
--- Goaltender EDWARD PASQUALE stopped 38 of 39 shots
Fri., March 11
Peoria 5, (at) Chicago 4 (SO)
--- The Peoria Rivermen tied the score with 1.5 seconds remaining in regulation and picked up a 5-4 shootout win at the Allstate Arena
--- Forwards TIM MILLER (2G), RYAN GARBUTT and RILEY HOLZAPFEL tallied in regulation
--- Goaltender EDWARD PASQUALE made 20 saves in regulation and overtime and stopped three of six shootout attempts
Wed., March 9
(at) Chicago 3, Peoria 2 (SO)
--- The Wolves tied the game with 1.1 second left in regulation and earned a 3-2 shootout win over the Peoria Rivermen at the Allstate Arena
--- Center JASON KROG and defenseman MARK MATHESON scored
--- Goaltender EDWARD PASQUALE made 20 saves in regulation and overtime and stopped four of five shootout attempts
Fri., March 19*
vs. Oklahoma City Barons
Sat., March 20^
vs. Oklahoma City Barons
Allstate Arena 3 p.m.
*Comcast Network 100
GAMES WILL BE TELECAST LIVE ON MY50 CHICAGO OR ON COMCAST NETWORK 100 ON XFINITY TV FROM COMCAST
Log on to chicagowolves.com for broadcast schedule, or to watch or listen to the action live online
American Hockey League Stories from March 14, 2011
- Preview: Aeros, Ads Battle for 1st Place on Tuesday - Houston Aeros
- Heat Hot Sheet - Here Come the Dogs - Abbotsford Heat
- Shark Warning in Atlantic - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Welch Gets the Call from Atlanta - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens to Host Make-A-Wish Cup March 23 - Binghamton Senators
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Bulldogs Begin Road Trip With Three Games Away From Copps Coliseum This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Texas Stars Weekly - Texas Stars
- Amerks Duco and Rissmiller Get the Call from the Big Club - Rochester Americans
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- MacDonald Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Playoff Push Continues with Five-Game Homestand - Norfolk Admirals
- March 26 Whale Home Game to be "Howe Family Night" - Connecticut Whale
- Albany's Chad Wiseman Named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- IceHogs Pick up Five of Eight Points in Week 23, Hog Talk Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Barons Weekly Report - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oilers Recall Hartikainen; Assign Giroux - Oklahoma City Barons
- Krug Returns to Elmira - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Continue Crucial Five-Game Divisonal Stretch - Rochester Americans
- Senators Re-Assign Ryan Potulny and Derek Smith to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Portland, Syracuse To Visit Bears This Weekend - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Announce Details of Us Jewelry Exchange Night at the Crunch March 18 - Syracuse Crunch
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Crunch Announce Details of Uncle Bob's Self Storage 'Name Your Own Price' at the Crunch Promotion - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.