Mavericks Trade Dominic D'Amour, Place Oivier Filion on SuspensionJanuary 15, 2011 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Missouri Mavericks Press Release
The trade has been approved by the league and is pending certain details to become finalized. The Mavericks will look to exercise the future considerations from the Killer Bees within the next 72 hours.
"We are sad to see Dominic go, but our hand was forced as we strive to replace the departing Olivier Filion, and we believe this trade will make us better," added Hillman. "We will be receiving a very good player in return from the Killer Bees, and this also frees up some salary cap room in order to find a defenseman that can quarterback our power play with more efficiency. We thank Dominic for his time here and wish him well. He represented us with class and I suspect the Killer Bees will be very happy to have him on their team."
Filion notified the team prior to the Mavericks' game on Friday, January 14 he was leaving to pursue interests outside of hockey and was therefore put on the team suspension list.
"This is a big blow to our team, one we didn't see coming, and the timing could not be worse as we play a stretch of six games in nine days," said Hillman. "Olivier was a major contributor to our team and it will take a lot of adapting by players in our locker room to fill that gap."
Missouri will continue to look for a replacement for Filion, and will play two men short of the 19-man roster limit until they find a replacement for Filion and receive a player from the Killer Bees.
Tickets are available for all Missouri Mavericks home games at the Independence Events Center Box Office, by calling (800) 745-3000 or visiting www.TicketMaster.com . Visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
Central Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2011
- Jacks Fall to Eagles in a Shootout Thriller - Odessa Jackalopes
- Eagles Jump Up in Standings With Shootout Win Over Odessa - Colorado Eagles
- Brahmas Sting Killer Bees - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Shorthanded Bugs Suffer First Loss to Tulsa Since '08 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Third period surge, outstanding goaltending vault Mavs into second place - Missouri Mavericks
- Summers, Flath Lead RiverKings Past IceMen - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans dismantle Bucks 7-3 - Allen Americans
- Thunder Rolls Past Sundogs, 6-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Brahmas Rally To Beat Bees 5-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems fall to Quad City - Dayton Gems
- Mallards grab fourth straight win - Quad City Mallards
- Robinson Scores Pair in Win Over Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- PrairieThunder Drop Third Straight 5-3 to Fort Wayne / Back Home on Sunday Afternoon - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Blitzed in Allen 7-3 - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Acquire D-Man Dominic D'Amour from Mavs - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mavericks Trade Dominic D'Amour, Place Oivier Filion on Suspension - Missouri Mavericks
- Brown Returns, Marino Activated - Quad City Mallards
- New Players in PrairieThunder Lineup on Saturday - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks in Search of Third Straight Win - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.