Killer Bees Acquire D-Man Dominic D'Amour from Mavs
The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees of the Central Hockey League announced on Saturday that they have acquired defenseman Dominic D'Amour from the Missouri Mavericks for future considerations. The D'Amour trade marks the first swap of the season for the Bees.
"Dominic is a dynamic defensemen which brings our blue line to another level," Killer Bees head coach Chris Brooks commented. "I am very excited for him to join our squad."
D'Amour is in his seventh professional season spending time in a variety of leagues including the AHL, ECHL, Italy, LNAH, EIHL and CHL. While in the CHL D'Amour has suited up for Wichita and Missouri. D'Amour was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the third round of the 2002 NHL Draft.
This season with the Mavericks the 6'3 211 pound blueliner has seven goals and eight assists with 51 penalty minutes. The Killer Bees face the Texas Brahmas tonight at the NYTEX Sports Centre and face the Laredo Bucks in Laredo on Tuesday before returning to the State Farm Arena on Friday hosting the Allen Americans.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2011
- Jacks Fall to Eagles in a Shootout Thriller - Odessa Jackalopes
- Eagles Jump Up in Standings With Shootout Win Over Odessa - Colorado Eagles
- Brahmas Sting Killer Bees - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Shorthanded Bugs Suffer First Loss to Tulsa Since '08 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Third period surge, outstanding goaltending vault Mavs into second place - Kansas City Mavericks
- Summers, Flath Lead RiverKings Past IceMen - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans dismantle Bucks 7-3 - Allen Americans
- Thunder Rolls Past Sundogs, 6-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Brahmas Rally To Beat Bees 5-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems fall to Quad City - Dayton Gems
- Mallards grab fourth straight win - Quad City Mallards
- Robinson Scores Pair in Win Over Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- PrairieThunder Drop Third Straight 5-3 to Fort Wayne / Back Home on Sunday Afternoon - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Blitzed in Allen 7-3 - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Acquire D-Man Dominic D'Amour from Mavs - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mavericks Trade Dominic D'Amour, Place Oivier Filion on Suspension - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brown Returns, Marino Activated - Quad City Mallards
- New Players in PrairieThunder Lineup on Saturday - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks in Search of Third Straight Win - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.