PrairieThunder Drop Third Straight 5-3 to Fort Wayne / Back Home on Sunday Afternoon
The Bloomington PrairieThunder lost 5-3 to the Fort Wayne Komets on Saturday night at U.S. Cellular Coliseum. Artem Podshendyalov scored two goals and added an assist for Fort Wayne and the ageless Colin Chaulk scored the game winner at 4:41 of the third period. Bloomington's Bill Bagron put the PThunder ahead 1-0 at 4:58 of the first period with assists from Brett Holmberg and Alan Mazur. After Fort Wayne tied the game on Neil Musselwhite's goal at 9:09 of the first period, Bloomington's Brodie Sheahan put the PrairieThunder back on top at 3:40 of the second period with an assist from Garrett Klotz. However, the Komets would score the next four twine denters before Jon Booras closed out the scoring from John Snowden at 19:32 of the third period.
The PrairieThunder (19-13-1), are home at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum again on Sunday afternoon against the Rapid City Rush. Game time is 3:05pm. With the victory, Fort Wayne improved to 11-16-5.
Sunday, January 16th: 3:05pm vs. Rapid City Rush
Promotion: Family four packs of tickets only $32.00 the Bud Light Lounge)
Bring your ticket stub from Saturday's Game and get $6.00 off a regular adult tix
Pheasant Lanes Post Game Skate with the Players!
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2011
- Jacks Fall to Eagles in a Shootout Thriller - Odessa Jackalopes
- Eagles Jump Up in Standings With Shootout Win Over Odessa - Colorado Eagles
- Brahmas Sting Killer Bees - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Shorthanded Bugs Suffer First Loss to Tulsa Since '08 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Third period surge, outstanding goaltending vault Mavs into second place - Kansas City Mavericks
- Summers, Flath Lead RiverKings Past IceMen - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans dismantle Bucks 7-3 - Allen Americans
- Thunder Rolls Past Sundogs, 6-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Brahmas Rally To Beat Bees 5-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems fall to Quad City - Dayton Gems
- Mallards grab fourth straight win - Quad City Mallards
- Robinson Scores Pair in Win Over Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- PrairieThunder Drop Third Straight 5-3 to Fort Wayne / Back Home on Sunday Afternoon - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Blitzed in Allen 7-3 - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Acquire D-Man Dominic D'Amour from Mavs - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mavericks Trade Dominic D'Amour, Place Oivier Filion on Suspension - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brown Returns, Marino Activated - Quad City Mallards
- New Players in PrairieThunder Lineup on Saturday - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks in Search of Third Straight Win - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.