New Players in PrairieThunder Lineup on Saturday
Bloomington-Normal's only professional winter sports team, the PrairieThunder, will have a couple of new faces in the line-up on Saturday night, including an old familiar one, when they host the Fort Wayne Komets at 7:05pm at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum.
Tyler Rennette, who played portions of the 2000-01 season through the 2004-05 season with the ECHL Peoria Rivermen will be in uniform tonight for the PrairieThunder. Rennette will wear #20. The thirty-one year-old native of North Bay, Ontario, who now lives in the Peoria, Illinois area played in 267 regular season games for the Rivermen scoring 119 goals and 118 assists for 237 points. Tyler also saw action in the American Hockey League in Worcester, Massachusetts, Hamilton, Ontario, and Grand Rapids, Michigan. He last played professionally during the 2006-07 season for the Bloomington PrairieThunder when they were in the United Hockey League. That season, Rennette scored 20 goals and 33 assists for 53 points in 65 games.
Also joining the PrairieThunder lineup is twenty-six year old Ryan McLeod who will wear #32.
McLeod, from Fernie, British Columbia, has spent most of this season with the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees where, in 25 games, he scored 5 goals and 7 assists for 12 points. During the 2009-10 season, McLeod played for the CHL Colorado Eagles where he scored 21 goals and 37 assists for 58 points in 64 games.
PrairieThunder defenseman Aaron Dawson has been placed on the thirty day injured reserve, retroactive to January 7th, with a lower body injury.
Saturday, January 15th: 7:05pm vs. Fort Wayne Komets
Promotion: PrairieThunder Stocking Caps sponsored by U.S. Cellular
First 2000 fans receive free stocking caps from U.S. Cellular
All regular adult tickets only $10.00
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2011
- Jacks Fall to Eagles in a Shootout Thriller - Odessa Jackalopes
- Eagles Jump Up in Standings With Shootout Win Over Odessa - Colorado Eagles
- Brahmas Sting Killer Bees - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Shorthanded Bugs Suffer First Loss to Tulsa Since '08 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Third period surge, outstanding goaltending vault Mavs into second place - Kansas City Mavericks
- Summers, Flath Lead RiverKings Past IceMen - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans dismantle Bucks 7-3 - Allen Americans
- Thunder Rolls Past Sundogs, 6-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Brahmas Rally To Beat Bees 5-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems fall to Quad City - Dayton Gems
- Mallards grab fourth straight win - Quad City Mallards
- Robinson Scores Pair in Win Over Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- PrairieThunder Drop Third Straight 5-3 to Fort Wayne / Back Home on Sunday Afternoon - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Blitzed in Allen 7-3 - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Acquire D-Man Dominic D'Amour from Mavs - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mavericks Trade Dominic D'Amour, Place Oivier Filion on Suspension - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brown Returns, Marino Activated - Quad City Mallards
- New Players in PrairieThunder Lineup on Saturday - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks in Search of Third Straight Win - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.