Brahmas Sting Killer Bees
Rookies Tyler Allen and Wayne Savage put on stellar performance
North Richland Hills, TEXAS (January 15)- The Brahmas rookies were on fire as Tyler Allen scored two goals and Wayne Savage saved 29 of 31 shots on goal to defeat the Killer Bees 5-2 leading to the teams first three game win streak of the season.
The Bees stung first when Aaron Lee beat Brahmas netminder Savage 2:26 into the game. Chad Woollard continued his goal streak to six games when he nailed one past Juliano Pagliero to tie the contest 1-1 at the 5:48 mark.
The second period was a back and forth of goals for both teams when Sean Muncy of the Killer Bees came out quickly and scored only 20 seconds into the period. Once again, the Brahmas had an answer when Chris Moran beat Pagliero to tie the score, with 15:13 left in the period.
The Brahmas came out first in the third period when Jason Deitsch scored only 21 seconds into the third period to give the Brahmas their first lead of the game at 3-2. Texas continued their assault on Rio Grande Valley when Tyler Allen hurled the puck past the Killer Bees goaltender for an unassisted goal to give the Brahmas a 2 goal lead with 10:41 left. Allen was on a roll when at the 2:28 mark he slung another unassisted goal by Pagliero and giving the Brahmas the win.
The Brahmas continue their home stand as they host the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs on Friday, January 21 at the NYTEX Sports Centre. The first 1,000 fans 12 and under receive a free youth jersey courtesy of Ashley Furniture Homestore. For ticket information please contact the Brahmas Box Office at (817) 336-4423 or visit www.brahmas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2011
- Jacks Fall to Eagles in a Shootout Thriller - Odessa Jackalopes
- Eagles Jump Up in Standings With Shootout Win Over Odessa - Colorado Eagles
- Brahmas Sting Killer Bees - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Shorthanded Bugs Suffer First Loss to Tulsa Since '08 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Third period surge, outstanding goaltending vault Mavs into second place - Kansas City Mavericks
- Summers, Flath Lead RiverKings Past IceMen - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans dismantle Bucks 7-3 - Allen Americans
- Thunder Rolls Past Sundogs, 6-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Brahmas Rally To Beat Bees 5-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems fall to Quad City - Dayton Gems
- Mallards grab fourth straight win - Quad City Mallards
- Robinson Scores Pair in Win Over Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- PrairieThunder Drop Third Straight 5-3 to Fort Wayne / Back Home on Sunday Afternoon - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Blitzed in Allen 7-3 - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Acquire D-Man Dominic D'Amour from Mavs - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mavericks Trade Dominic D'Amour, Place Oivier Filion on Suspension - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brown Returns, Marino Activated - Quad City Mallards
- New Players in PrairieThunder Lineup on Saturday - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks in Search of Third Straight Win - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.