Brahmas Rally To Beat Bees 5-2
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas- The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees (14-21-3) fell to the Texas Brahmas (18-12-3) after the Brahmas rallied for three goals in the third period taking a 5-2 victory. Aaron Lee and Sean Muncy each netted goals for the Bees while Juliano Pagliero made 27 saves in between the pipes.
The Killer Bees struck early in the first period for the first goal of the game. Aaron Lee scored his ninth of the season at 2:46 with a hack in front of the net. Kyle Radke worked the puck across the point to Kirk Medernach who bounced it off the backboards to Aaron Lee who put it past Brahmas netminder Wayne Savage.
The Brahmas tied the game at 14:04 when Chad Wollard scored his 20th goal of the season. Greg Hogeboom picked up the puck from the top of the circles and on the opposite end of the ice found Wollard who one-timed it past Pagliero.
Just twenty seconds into the second period the Bees retook the lead with a Sean Muncy goal. Nick Sucharksi cleared the puck out of his own zone to Brett Clouthier who inside the offensive zone backhanded a pass to Muncy who beat Savage glove-side.
Chris Moran would tie the game at the 4:47 mark off a rebound from an Alex Curran shot. The two teams would play the next 15:13 with neither team finding the back of the net though both sides traded chances.
The Texas Brahmas took their first lead of the game just 21 seconds into the third as Jason Deitsch scored his 10th of the season. Chad Wollard picked up the assist on the play. Texas increased their lead to two at 9:19 as Tyler Allen scored on a two-on-one goal taking the shot himself.
Tyler Allen would pot his second of the game, the Brahmas fifth, at 17:42 to ice the game. The Killer Bees power-play went 0-4 while Texas went 0-2.
The Killer Bees complete their road trip Tuesday in Laredo facing the Bucks. The Bees will have played eight straight away from the Hive at the end of the trip. The Bees host the Allen Americans on January 21. Tickets can be purchased by calling 843-PUCK (7825) or visiting killerbeehockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2011
- Jacks Fall to Eagles in a Shootout Thriller - Odessa Jackalopes
- Eagles Jump Up in Standings With Shootout Win Over Odessa - Colorado Eagles
- Brahmas Sting Killer Bees - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Shorthanded Bugs Suffer First Loss to Tulsa Since '08 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Third period surge, outstanding goaltending vault Mavs into second place - Kansas City Mavericks
- Summers, Flath Lead RiverKings Past IceMen - Mississippi RiverKings
- Americans dismantle Bucks 7-3 - Allen Americans
- Thunder Rolls Past Sundogs, 6-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Brahmas Rally To Beat Bees 5-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Gems fall to Quad City - Dayton Gems
- Mallards grab fourth straight win - Quad City Mallards
- Robinson Scores Pair in Win Over Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- PrairieThunder Drop Third Straight 5-3 to Fort Wayne / Back Home on Sunday Afternoon - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks Blitzed in Allen 7-3 - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Acquire D-Man Dominic D'Amour from Mavs - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Mavericks Trade Dominic D'Amour, Place Oivier Filion on Suspension - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brown Returns, Marino Activated - Quad City Mallards
- New Players in PrairieThunder Lineup on Saturday - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Bucks in Search of Third Straight Win - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.