Moreau Named SAL Pitcher Of The WeekJune 1, 2010 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Delmarva Shorebirds
The Lilburn, Georgia native made just one start during the week but completely dominated the Lakewood BlueClaws on May 28 at Perdue Stadium. In six innings, he allowed one hit and no runs. Moreau also fanned eight batters and walked just one. The lone hit he surrendered was a bunt single by Leandro Castro in the first inning. Moreau retired 13 straight batters between the first and fifth innings.
The 11th round selection of the Orioles in 2008 was nearly untouchable during the month of the May. In seven outings (three starts), he posted a 1-0 mark with a 0.36 earned run average. He allowed only one run and ten hits in 25.0 innings pitched. Moreau had a streak of 14 consecutive scoreless innings during the month before surrendering a first-inning run to Hagerstown on May 22. He allowed just four hits during the scoreless innings streak.
The former University of Georgia star began the 2010 season in the bullpen before transitioning into a starting role on May 18 against West Virginia. He tossed four scoreless and hitless innings. He also struck out seven batters and retired 12 straight after issuing a walk in the first inning.
Moreau is expected to make his next start on Thursday night (June 3) against the Greensboro Grasshoppers at NewBridge Bank Park.
Moreau becomes the second Shorebirds player to earn a weekly award from the South Atlantic League in 2010. Tyler Kolodny was named the South Atlantic League Player of the Week for the week of April 8 through 18.
The Shorebirds take on the Greensboro Grasshoppers in game one of the series on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. RHP Bobby Bundy takes the hill for Delmarva.
South Atlantic League Stories from June 1, 2010
- West Virginia Takes Series Opener over Legends, 7-3 - Lexington Legends
- Suns Drop Two to BlueClaws - Hagerstown Suns
- Tourists Shut Down Gnats, 4-2 - Savannah Sand Gnats
- BlueClaws Take Victories - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Braves Drop Nail-Biter - Rome Braves
- Ross and 'Dads Blank RiverDogs, 8-0 - Hickory Crawdads
- Augusta Escapes with Wild, Wacky 7-6 Win - Augusta GreenJackets
- Drive Blank Intimidators, 2-0 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Trio of Drive Pitchers Mow Down Intimidators, 2-0 - Greenville Drive
- Ross Paints a Beauty, Crawdads Blank RiverDogs, 8-0 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Home Runs Power Grasshoppers to Win, 8-4 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- BlueClaws Walk Off to Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Gnats Game Notes - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Charitable Organizations And Civic Groups Wanted For Online Contest - Kannapolis Intimidators
- BlueClaws to Host Troop Supply Drive - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Murton Named South Atlantic League Hitter Of The Week - Charleston RiverDogs
- Moreau Named SAL Pitcher Of The Week - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Marval Rejoins Club - Rome Braves
- Firefly And RiverDogs Hit Home Run With Home Team Girl Search - Charleston RiverDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.