Times Union Center Cuts Parking And Concession PricesOctober 20, 2008 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Albany River Rats Press Release
"Cost reductions will make it more reasonable for families to attend the great competitive hockey at the Times Union Center," said Albany County Executive Mike Breslin. "In these tough financial times, it is important that families still have opportunities for affordable, quality entertainment."
"We have seen patrons parking 3 to 4 blocks away from the arena in order to save the $6 parking fee and they end up walking in the cold, rain and/or snow. By reducing the parking fee down to $3, we believe more people will park in the garage where it is attached to the arena with a direct third floor entrance. We know that most people are cutting back on the big vacations but they need good entertainment for their families at an affordable price. The Times Union Center would like to help Capital Region families take the kids out to see the Albany River Rats and feel good about our efforts to help their family budgets," stated Bob Belber, General Manager of the Times Union Center.
The following changes have been made effective immediately, and will continue through the Albany River Rats 2008 - 2009 season;
- Beginning immediately and extending for one year, the cost to park in the Times Union Center Parking Garage for River Rats games has been lowered by 50% from $6 per car to $3 per car. There will be no coupons, promotions or discounts accepted on the discounted rate.
- The Times Union Center Parking Garage will open a second exit located on the 3rd level of the garage. Currently there is an entrance only ramp into the garage on Market Street, with the help of Albany Police Department we will be able to open this entrance at the conclusion of all River Rats games to be used as an exit. The parking garage will have a staff member posted at this entrance directing those cars parked on level 3 and higher to exit out onto Market Street. Albany Police Department will have an officer on Market Street directing traffic up to the Empire State Plaza and immediately onto the ramp for 787. These changes will alleviate congestion in the parking garage at the conclusion of games.
2. Concessions: The following Food and Beverage Discounts & Specials will be in place effective immediately for all River Rats games:
- Wednesday Games - 4 for $40; 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 small sodas for $40.
- Friday Games - $1 hot dogs and $1 small sodas for all patrons
- Saturday Games - Free food item with the purchase of any beverage at the Capital Kitchen or Knickerbocker Grill concession stand on the concourse. Food items will include regular popcorn, hot dog, pretzel and peanuts and will be rotated throughout the season.
In addition to discounts for patrons in attendance, the River Rats will offer food packages for their groups. The Group Sales Package will be offered to groups of 10 or more and will consist of a "Snack Package" (regular popcorn and small soda) or "Meal Package" (hot dog and small soda) and will be offered at a heavily reduced priced.
"I am pleased that, based upon fan suggestions, SMG, Albany County and Aramark will be offering these discounts. The discounted concessions and parking will make it easier and more affordable for families as well as individual fans to attend our events. We will continue to do whatever we can to make the Albany River Rats and Firebirds fan experience fun and affordable." Said River Rats GM/President.CEO S. Garen Szablewski.
Discounted parking and concession prices will be offered beginning Wednesday when the River Rats take on Binghamton at 7pm at the Times Union Center.
American Hockey League Stories from October 20, 2008
- Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Phantoms To Stage Trick-or-Treat Contest - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hamilton travels to Toronto and Grand Rapids; Hosts Quad City this week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hrabal Back With Falcons, Lerg Assigned To Thunder - Springfield Falcons
- Lowell Splits Weekend Series with Manchester - Albany Devils
- Flames Release Craig Switzer From Professional Try-Out Agreement - Abbotsford Heat
- Flames Travel North For Three Game Road Trip - Abbotsford Heat
- Amerks Set For Three Games In Three Nights This Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Houston Aeros Flying High To Begin 2008-09 - Houston Aeros
- Griffins Community Events - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Moose send Gendur to Victoria - Manitoba Moose
- Falcons To Walk For Rays Of Hope - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch and MVP Health Care announce details of second annual 'Pink Out' - Syracuse Crunch
- Houston Aeros Weekly - Houston Aeros
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Boychuk Named Player Of The Week - Providence Bruins
- Rangers Agree To Terms With Free Agent Forward Devin DiDiomete - Connecticut Whale
- Rockford Rolls To Two Division Wins - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Times Union Center Cuts Parking And Concession Prices - Albany River Rats
- Bruins' Boychuk named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- 2007-08 North Division Champions Host Three Games This Week - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals' Western Conference Road Swing Continues - Norfolk Admirals
- Montreal Recalls Kyle Chipchura From Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Players Out In The Community This Week - Rochester Americans
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears hold AHL's best point total after two weeks - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Moose On Winning Streak - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Streak Into Home-Opening Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sharks Make A Splash In Home Opener - Worcester Sharks
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.