Grizzlies Hit Road For CaliforniaNovember 19, 2007 - ECHL (ECHL) Utah Grizzlies
With a goal in three games this past week, 21-year-old rookie Micheal Haley now leads Utah with seven goals on the season. Scott Burt is now second on the team with six.
Goal-A-Game (Part Two)
Mike Mole has allowed one goal each in three of his last six starts. He is currently 6-3-0-0 with a 2.98 GAA and a save percentage of .898 on the season.
Utah forward Trevor Smith leads the Grizzlies with a plus-eight in nine games since being assigned to Utah from their AHL affiliate in Bridgeport. Smith also has four goals and four assists on the season.
Six-foot-seven defenseman and third-year Utah player Ian Forbes returned to the Grizzlies lineup this weekend following an injury that had kept him out since March 31. The former Flyers draft pick recorded a plus-two in two games this past weekend for Utah.
In the Grizzlies two wins versus Idaho this past weekend, Utah had a combined total of 18 players score. 10 Grizzlies skaters scored in Friday's 6-5 overtime win. Eight dotted the scoring column in Saturday's 3-1 victory.
Coming From Behind
Saturday's 3-1 win over Idaho was only Utah's second win of the season in which the Grizzlies have not trailed. The Grizzlies have rallied from two goals down in three of their six wins.
First Period Scoring
The Grizzlies scored five goals in the first period(s) during this weekend's action versus Idaho. Prior to Friday, Utah had scored just four total first period goals all season.
Some Time Off
Between Saturday's 3-1 win over Idaho and their next contest this Saturday in Stockton; Utah is in a stretch of not playing for seven-straight days. The Grizzlies are currently 2-0 this year when playing after four or more days rest. Overall, Utah is 12-5-2 since Jason Christie took over as Head Coach prior to the 2005-2006 season on four or more days rest.
Ten-Game Home Stand
Following this weekend's three-game road trip to Central California, Utah will be home for ten-straight E-Center contests starting Wednesday, November 28 versus Stockton.
Saturday: Utah at Stockton, 8:30 p.m.
Sunday: Utah at Fresno, 6:00 p.m.
ECHL Stories from November 19, 2007
- Royals Goaltender Jon Quick Recalled To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Hit Road For California - Utah Grizzlies
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Charlotte Checkers Weekly - Charlotte Checkers
- Nailers Weekly - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Victoria Salmon Kings This Week - Victoria Salmon Kings
- North Division Heating Up With Cincinnati In First - ECHL
- Texas retains top spot in South Division with three points in weekend series - Texas Wildcatters
- Marlies recall trio of defensemen - Columbia Inferno
- Wranglers Sweep Condors, Win Sixth Straight - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Augusta Lynx Weekly - Augusta Lynx
- 'Blades see two get called up to AHL - Florida Everblades
- One and Done - Reading Royals
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Ice Pilots Sign Veteran Forward Kalmikov - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Salmon Kings Look To Turn Up Volume - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Falcons weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Stingrays weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Run Unbeaten Streak To Six Games - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Falcons to hold karaoke contest, collect coats for kids - Fresno Falcons
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Awe Called up to Houston; Gladiators Sign Dobek - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Florida Rides Power Play to 4-2 Win Over Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Score In Third To Beat Dayton 5-4 - Dayton Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.