Wolves Unable to Stop Lethal Three Point Barrage from Blue Coats
Wilmington, Del. - The Iowa Wolves (13-24) suffered their seventh straight road loss Saturday night, losing 134-111 to the Delaware Blue Coats (14-19).
The loss also ended Iowa's four-game winning streak heading into tonight's game.
Darius Johnson-Odom finished with a team-high 26 points while shooting 6-of-12 from the field and 13-of-14 from the charity stripe.
Hakim Warrick posted his second straight game with a double-double, tallying 19 points and a season-high 16 boards.
Defensively, Iowa allowed the Blue Coats to shoot 51.0% from the field and 50.0% (24-48) from deep. The 24 three-pointers made was a season-high for Delaware.
Denver Nuggets two-way player Brandon Goodwin provided offensive firepower for the Wolves, contributing 21 points, eight rebounds and four assists while shooting 9-of-14 from the floor.
Iowa dominated the points in the paint, finishing 58-40 against Delaware.
Marquise Moored just missed out on another double-double, adding 12 points, nine rebounds and three assists with the starting unit.
Murray State alum Jonathan Stark ended the game with 11 points and five assists off the bench.
Former NBA first round draft pick Rashad Vaughn led the way for Delaware, finishing with 29 points while making 7-of-10 shots from beyond the arc. Guard Jared Brownridge added 25 points while also connecting on seven three-point baskets.
The Wolves return home Monday for a one-game homestand against the Stockton Kings at 7:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 9, 2019
- Harvey Leads Hustle in Wire-To-Wire Win - Texas Legends
- Reynolds, Kings Cruise Past Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hustle Continue First Half Dominance for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Swarm Hold off BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd - Greensboro Swarm
- Garrett Gives 39 Points; Knicks Knock off Nets in Double Overtime, 134-130 - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Dominate Bulls for Fourth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wolves Unable to Stop Lethal Three Point Barrage from Blue Coats - Iowa Wolves
- Blue Coats Drain Season-High 24 Threes in Win over Wolves - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Cruise Past Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Red Claws Hold on for 5th Win in 7 Games - Maine Red Claws
- Knicks Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks and Nets Clash for Intrastate Battle - Westchester Knicks
- Jaylen Adams Transferred to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Ray McCallum - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Acquire Rights to Jamel Artis - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Defeat Warriors at Vivint Smart Home Arena - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Loses Heartbreaker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Loses Heartbreaker to Rio Grande Valley - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Salt Lake City Stars, 102-78 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves, Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Tip off Pack the Vote Initiative
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors