Garrett Gives 39 Points; Knicks Knock off Nets in Double Overtime, 134-130
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks (22-16), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, used career-high performances from Billy Garrett to knock off the visiting Long Island Nets (21-13), 134-130, in double overtime on Saturday evening at Westchester County Center.
The tightly contested battle saw 16 ties and 15 lead changes. While the Knicks only led by as many as five, the Nets went ahead by 22.
Garrett's superlative evening included a 39-point effort to go along with another career-best, 12 assists. The guard was 10-for-12 from the charity stripe as well as four rebounds, three steals without committing a single turnover in over 40 minutes played.
Jameel Warney gave a 24-point performance while shooting 55.6-percent. The big also added 10 boards, four rejections, three steals and two assists.
Zak Irvin finished with 25 points and one-shy of his career-rebounding effort, ending with 14.
Dzanan Musa paced Long Island and six scorers in double-figures with 30 points and 11 rebounds. Musa also drained six triples on 50-percent shooting. Alan Williams had 16 rebounds.
The Knicks travel to Capital City on February 12 for a 7:00 PM start time.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 9, 2019
- Harvey Leads Hustle in Wire-To-Wire Win - Texas Legends
- Reynolds, Kings Cruise Past Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hustle Continue First Half Dominance for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Swarm Hold off BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd - Greensboro Swarm
- Garrett Gives 39 Points; Knicks Knock off Nets in Double Overtime, 134-130 - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Dominate Bulls for Fourth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wolves Unable to Stop Lethal Three Point Barrage from Blue Coats - Iowa Wolves
- Blue Coats Drain Season-High 24 Threes in Win over Wolves - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Cruise Past Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Red Claws Hold on for 5th Win in 7 Games - Maine Red Claws
- Knicks Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks and Nets Clash for Intrastate Battle - Westchester Knicks
- Jaylen Adams Transferred to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Ray McCallum - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Acquire Rights to Jamel Artis - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Defeat Warriors at Vivint Smart Home Arena - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Loses Heartbreaker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Loses Heartbreaker to Rio Grande Valley - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Salt Lake City Stars, 102-78 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Knicks Receive Returning Rights to JJ Moore for Paul Watson
- Watson Leads G League Elite in Scoring in Four-Game Tourney
- Watson Named to USA's Elite Team for G League International Challenge
- Knicks Trade Returning Rights, Draft Pick for Andrew White III
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule