Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Ray McCallum
The Agua Caliente Clippers have acquired the returning player rights to guard Ray McCallum from the Grand Rapids Drive in exchange for the returning player rights to forward Jamel Artis.
McCallum, 27, appeared in 23 games for Darussafaka Basketbol Istanbul of the Turkish BSL this season, and averaged 9.7 points and 4.0 assists in 22.7 minutes. A three-year product out of the University of Detroit-Mercy, McCallum was named the Horizon League Player of the Year in 2013. He was drafted with the 36th overall pick by the Sacramento Kings in the 2013 NBA Draft and holds career averages of 6.0 points, 2.4 assists and 2.0 rebounds in 154 appearances across three NBA seasons with Sacramento, San Antonio and Memphis.
Artis, 26, appeared in 31 games for the AC Clippers this season, averaging 16.6 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 3.6 assists in 34.6 minutes while shooting 45.5 percent from the field. He spent the 2017-18 season as a two-way player for the Orlando Magic, averaging 5.1 points in 18.6 minutes over 15 appearances. A four-year product out of the University of Pittsburgh, Artis holds collegiate career averages of 12.6 points and 4.6 rebounds in 27.6 minutes across 135 appearances (98 starts).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 9, 2019
- Harvey Leads Hustle in Wire-To-Wire Win - Texas Legends
- Reynolds, Kings Cruise Past Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hustle Continue First Half Dominance for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Swarm Hold off BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd - Greensboro Swarm
- Garrett Gives 39 Points; Knicks Knock off Nets in Double Overtime, 134-130 - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Dominate Bulls for Fourth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wolves Unable to Stop Lethal Three Point Barrage from Blue Coats - Iowa Wolves
- Blue Coats Drain Season-High 24 Threes in Win over Wolves - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Cruise Past Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Red Claws Hold on for 5th Win in 7 Games - Maine Red Claws
- Knicks Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks and Nets Clash for Intrastate Battle - Westchester Knicks
- Jaylen Adams Transferred to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Ray McCallum - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Acquire Rights to Jamel Artis - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Defeat Warriors at Vivint Smart Home Arena - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Loses Heartbreaker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Loses Heartbreaker to Rio Grande Valley - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Salt Lake City Stars, 102-78 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado & Johnathan Motley Earn All-G League Honors
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado Named 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes
- Clippers Stay Hot, Come from Behind to Beat Legends