Magic Cruise Past Go-Go
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Capital City Go-Go, the NBA G League affiliate of the Washington Wizards, were defeated by the Lakeland Magic, 117-91, on Saturday night at the Entertainment and Sports Arena.
After a tightly contested first quarter which saw the score tied at 23-23, the Magic clamped down on the Go-Go and took a 10-point lead into the half. From that point on, it was all Lakeland, as they stretched the lead to as many as 28 points in the fourth quarter without a Go-Go threat.
With the win, the Magic (23-12) have won 11 of their past 13 games. Lakeland was led by a strong bench performance, with the Magic reserves outscoring the Go-Go's 46-31 with three players scoring in double figures (Jeremiah Hill-15, Braian Angola-Rodas-14 and Jay Wright-10). BJ Johnson led all scorers with 27 points and added five rebounds for his third-straight game with at least 20 points. Antonio Campbell (18 points), Anthony Brown (13 points) and Troy Caupain (10 points) all chipped in for the Magic, who nearly shot a season high at 56.6 percent from the field and 50 percent from three.
Pe'Shon Howard led the Go-Go (18-16) in scoring with 19 points, adding five rebounds and three steals. Chris Chiozza nearly tabbed another double-double with 14 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Kellen Dunham continued his hot shooting with 13 points on a 5-for-8 night from the field and 3-for-6 from beyond the arc.
The Go-Go will close out their pre-All-Star Break home slate with a visit from the Westchester Knicks on Tuesday, February 12 at 7:00 p.m. The Magic will return home and host the Long Island Nets on Monday, February 11 at 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 9, 2019
- Harvey Leads Hustle in Wire-To-Wire Win - Texas Legends
- Reynolds, Kings Cruise Past Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hustle Continue First Half Dominance for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Swarm Hold off BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd - Greensboro Swarm
- Garrett Gives 39 Points; Knicks Knock off Nets in Double Overtime, 134-130 - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Dominate Bulls for Fourth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wolves Unable to Stop Lethal Three Point Barrage from Blue Coats - Iowa Wolves
- Blue Coats Drain Season-High 24 Threes in Win over Wolves - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Cruise Past Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Red Claws Hold on for 5th Win in 7 Games - Maine Red Claws
- Knicks Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks and Nets Clash for Intrastate Battle - Westchester Knicks
- Jaylen Adams Transferred to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Ray McCallum - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Acquire Rights to Jamel Artis - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Defeat Warriors at Vivint Smart Home Arena - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Loses Heartbreaker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Loses Heartbreaker to Rio Grande Valley - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Salt Lake City Stars, 102-78 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.