Blue Coats Drain Season-High 24 Threes in Win over Wolves
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (14-19), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, defeated the Iowa Wolves (13-24), 134-111, behind a season-high 24 three-point field goals on Saturday night at 76ers Fieldhouse. The 134 points in snapping Iowa's four-game winning streak also marked a season high.
Rashad Vaughn again led the Blue Coats in scoring with a game-high 29 points (10-17 fg, 7-10 3fg, 2-4 ft) in 24 minutes. Jared Brownridge poured in 25 points (9-18 fg, 7-14 3fg) and dished out eight assists in 33 minutes. Matt Farrell neared a double-double with 16 points (6-12 fg, 3-6 3fg, 1-1 ft) and nine assists in 27 minutes as a reserve.
The Blue Coats led 63-51 at halftime. The duo of Vaughn and Brownridge teamed up for seven of the duo's 14 combined three-pointers in the first half.
"We have to be happy with the rhythm they found within the offensive system," said head coach Connor Johnson. "They were getting themselves good shots and those guys are good shooters. It's our job to try to get them good looks and make them committed to running disciplined offense to the point where they do get good looks."
The NBA G League's leading scorer, Darius Johnson-Odom, paced the Wolves with 26 points (6-12 fg, 1-3 3fg, 13-14 ft) and five assists in 35 minutes. Denver Nuggets two-way contract player Brandon Goodwin scored 18 of his 21 points (9-14 fg, 2-4 3fg, 1-3 ft) in the first half, while Philadelphia native Hakim Warrick posted a double-double with 19 points (7-16 fg, 5-5 ft) and 16 rebounds in 31 minutes.
The Blue Coats enter the third game of a six-game home stand at 76ers Fieldhouse on Monday night against the Erie BayHawks at 7:00 p.m. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit SIXERS.COM/BlueCoats.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 9, 2019
- Harvey Leads Hustle in Wire-To-Wire Win - Texas Legends
- Reynolds, Kings Cruise Past Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Hustle Continue First Half Dominance for Third Straight Win - Memphis Hustle
- Swarm Hold off BayHawks in Front of Capacity Crowd - Greensboro Swarm
- Garrett Gives 39 Points; Knicks Knock off Nets in Double Overtime, 134-130 - Westchester Knicks
- Drive Dominate Bulls for Fourth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Wolves Unable to Stop Lethal Three Point Barrage from Blue Coats - Iowa Wolves
- Blue Coats Drain Season-High 24 Threes in Win over Wolves - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Cruise Past Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Red Claws Hold on for 5th Win in 7 Games - Maine Red Claws
- Knicks Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks and Nets Clash for Intrastate Battle - Westchester Knicks
- Jaylen Adams Transferred to Atlanta - Erie BayHawks
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Rights to Ray McCallum - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Drive Acquire Rights to Jamel Artis - Grand Rapids Drive
- Stars Defeat Warriors at Vivint Smart Home Arena - Salt Lake City Stars
- South Bay Loses Heartbreaker to Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Loses Heartbreaker to Rio Grande Valley - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Salt Lake City Stars, 102-78 - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Where Are They Now? Russ Smith
- Jameer Nelson Named Delaware Blue Coats Assistant General Manager
- Delaware Blue Coats' Marial Shayok and Christ Koumadje Receive 2019-20 All-NBA G League Honors
- Christ Koumadje Named 2019-20 NBA G League Defensive Player of the Year
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season