Wolves Bow out of Contest against Hustle
Southaven, Miss. - The Iowa Wolves (4-9) dropped their second consecutive road game Friday night, losing to the Memphis Hustle (7-6) 118-98.
Iowa is now 2-5 in road games this season.
Two-way guard Jared Terrell paced the Wolves with a 21-point performance while going 8-of-17 from the field. Terrell has now scored at least 20 points in four games this season.
As a team the Wolves attempted a season-high 101 shots from the floor but only managed to connect on 36.6% of those attempts, a season low.
Down by double-digits at halftime, Iowa would never bring the margin to within less than seven points in the second half.
Darius Johnson-Odom continue his strong season offensively, finishing with 19 points on 50.0% shooting.
Affiliate player Jonathan Stark contributed with 11 points, six rebounds and a team-high four assists.
Memphis Grizzlies assignee Ivan Rabb and guard Dusty Hannahs each contributed 21 points for the Hustle in the win. Rabb finished just shy of a double-double, grabbing nine rebounds and adding three blocked shots.
Iowa heads home for a test against the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario this Sunday, Dec. 9 at 4:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2018
- Hustle Pull Away from Iowa Wolves for 118-98 Win - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Bow out of Contest against Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Secure Fourth Straight Win - Lakeland Magic
- Stars Drop Final Game of Road Trip to Swarm - Salt Lake City Stars
- Balanced Magic Knock off Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Swarm Snap Skid, Subdue Stars - Greensboro Swarm
- Nets Avenge Last Night's Loss with Win at Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Marcus Keene off Waivers - Memphis Hustle
- Jawun Evans Signs Two-Way Contract with Phoenix Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Go-Go Beat Blue Coats for Second Straight Home Win - Capital City Go-Go
- Rockets Sign Danuel House Jr. to Two-Way Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NAZ Suns Drop Defensive Battle to Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Austin Spurs Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 91-81 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.