Wolves Bow out of Contest against Hustle
Southaven, Miss. - The Iowa Wolves (4-9) dropped their second consecutive road game Friday night, losing to the Memphis Hustle (7-6) 118-98.
Iowa is now 2-5 in road games this season.
Two-way guard Jared Terrell paced the Wolves with a 21-point performance while going 8-of-17 from the field. Terrell has now scored at least 20 points in four games this season.
As a team the Wolves attempted a season-high 101 shots from the floor but only managed to connect on 36.6% of those attempts, a season low.
Down by double-digits at halftime, Iowa would never bring the margin to within less than seven points in the second half.
Darius Johnson-Odom continue his strong season offensively, finishing with 19 points on 50.0% shooting.
Affiliate player Jonathan Stark contributed with 11 points, six rebounds and a team-high four assists.
Memphis Grizzlies assignee Ivan Rabb and guard Dusty Hannahs each contributed 21 points for the Hustle in the win. Rabb finished just shy of a double-double, grabbing nine rebounds and adding three blocked shots.
Iowa heads home for a test against the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario this Sunday, Dec. 9 at 4:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2018
- Hustle Pull Away from Iowa Wolves for 118-98 Win - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Bow out of Contest against Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Secure Fourth Straight Win - Lakeland Magic
- Stars Drop Final Game of Road Trip to Swarm - Salt Lake City Stars
- Balanced Magic Knock off Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Swarm Snap Skid, Subdue Stars - Greensboro Swarm
- Nets Avenge Last Night's Loss with Win at Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Marcus Keene off Waivers - Memphis Hustle
- Jawun Evans Signs Two-Way Contract with Phoenix Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Go-Go Beat Blue Coats for Second Straight Home Win - Capital City Go-Go
- Rockets Sign Danuel House Jr. to Two-Way Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NAZ Suns Drop Defensive Battle to Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Austin Spurs Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 91-81 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island