Rockets Sign Danuel House Jr. to Two-Way Contract
HOUSTON - Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today that the team has signed free agent forward Danuel House Jr. to a two-way contract.
House Jr. (6-7, 215) was eligible for the 2016 NBA Draft following his senior season at Texas A&M. He was playing for the Rockets single-affiliation G League Partner, Rio Grande Valley, prior to being called up by Houston on Nov. 26. In five games as a Rocket, House Jr. is averaging 8.4 points and 2.8 rebounds in 21.2 minutes per game. He also hit multiple 3-pointers in three of those five games.
Prior to being called up to the Rockets, House Jr. was averaging a team-high 20.4 points and 4.9 rebounds in seven games played for Rio Grande Valley. He scored a Vipers season-high 33 points against the Capital City Go-Go on November 11.
The Vipers will return to action at Bert Ogden Arena on Thursday, December 13 with tipoff at 11 a.m. For more information, contact the RGV Vipers at 956-56-ARENA or visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2018
- Hustle Pull Away from Iowa Wolves for 118-98 Win - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Bow out of Contest against Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Secure Fourth Straight Win - Lakeland Magic
- Stars Drop Final Game of Road Trip to Swarm - Salt Lake City Stars
- Balanced Magic Knock off Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Swarm Snap Skid, Subdue Stars - Greensboro Swarm
- Nets Avenge Last Night's Loss with Win at Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Marcus Keene off Waivers - Memphis Hustle
- Jawun Evans Signs Two-Way Contract with Phoenix Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Go-Go Beat Blue Coats for Second Straight Home Win - Capital City Go-Go
- Rockets Sign Danuel House Jr. to Two-Way Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NAZ Suns Drop Defensive Battle to Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Austin Spurs Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 91-81 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- Home Court Magic Sparks a Lakeland Victory over Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Give the Blues a 104-97 Defeat
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers Reacquire Gary Payton II and Waive Kentrell Barkley
- Rockets Sign Danuel House Jr. to Two-Way Contract
- Vipers Heat up against the Clippers of Ontario