Nets Avenge Last Night's Loss with Win at Fort Wayne
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - The Long Island Nets defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 117-111, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Friday night in front of a crowd of 1,781. Brooklyn Nets two-way player Dzanan Musa finished with his 10th 20-point game this season to lead Long Island (9-4) in the second night of a back-to-back. Musa added 13 rebounds to go along with his team-high 25.
Jordan McLaughlin aided Musa for Long Island with 24 points and seven assists.
The Mad Ants (5-6) dropped to below .500 for the first time since the 2015-16 season.
Long Island, the worst statistical team in the G League from beyond the arc entering tonight's game, capitalized on 14 made 3-point shots.
Stephan Hicks and Davon Reed both ended the night with career-high point totals for Fort Wayne. Hicks checked out with 29 points, while Reed ended with 26.
The Mad Ants and Nets exchanged leads twice in the third quarter after Long Island led by as much as 13 in the first half.
After surrendering 151 points last night in Canton, Long Island managed to hold Fort Wayne to 21.7% from 3-point range.
Alan Williams, Theo Pinson and Mitchell Creek all ended in double figures for the Nets. Drew Gordon also added 10 points off the bench.
Omari Johnson and Ike Anigbogu rounded out the Mad Ants' scoring efforts with 15 and 10 points, respectively.
Rookie Jared Sam finished with a new career-high off the bench in his fourth game this season for the Mad Ants.
Fort Wayne will return to the Coliseum on Monday night against the Grand Rapids Drive at 7 p.m. Long Island will head to Lakeland to take on the Magic this Sunday.
Monday is "Money Monday", presented by 3Rivers Federal Credit Union at the Coliseum. Tickets are available by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2018
- Hustle Pull Away from Iowa Wolves for 118-98 Win - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Bow out of Contest against Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Secure Fourth Straight Win - Lakeland Magic
- Stars Drop Final Game of Road Trip to Swarm - Salt Lake City Stars
- Balanced Magic Knock off Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Swarm Snap Skid, Subdue Stars - Greensboro Swarm
- Nets Avenge Last Night's Loss with Win at Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Marcus Keene off Waivers - Memphis Hustle
- Jawun Evans Signs Two-Way Contract with Phoenix Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Go-Go Beat Blue Coats for Second Straight Home Win - Capital City Go-Go
- Rockets Sign Danuel House Jr. to Two-Way Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NAZ Suns Drop Defensive Battle to Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Austin Spurs Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 91-81 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.