Magic Secure Fourth Straight Win
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, defeated the Grand Rapids Drive, 109-98 to complete the 3-0 sweep in their final contest of the season.
The game was close through three quarters resulting in 10 ties over the course of the game. The Magic pulled ahead for the final time in the third quarter leading by as many as 20 points before locking in the victory.
Seven of the nine Lakeland players to enter the game scored in double digits with BJ Johnson racking in 18 points for a team high. Amile Jefferson had a double-double with 15 points, 14 rebounds and four assists. Antonio Campbell stacked on 17 points off the bench while Troy Caupain scored 13 points. John Petrucelli also scored 13 points and was a key contributor as the Magic outscored the Drive by 24 points while he was in play.
For the Drive, Zach Lofton scored 25 points, four rebounds and six assists. Michael Bethea Jr. had 22 points while Keenan Evans posted 16 points. Johnny Hamilton had a double- double with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
The Magic will try to make it five straight wins on Sunday, December 9 as they take on the Long Island Nets at 6PM at the RP Funding Center.
Lakeland Magic single game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2018
- Hustle Pull Away from Iowa Wolves for 118-98 Win - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Bow out of Contest against Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Secure Fourth Straight Win - Lakeland Magic
- Stars Drop Final Game of Road Trip to Swarm - Salt Lake City Stars
- Balanced Magic Knock off Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Swarm Snap Skid, Subdue Stars - Greensboro Swarm
- Nets Avenge Last Night's Loss with Win at Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Marcus Keene off Waivers - Memphis Hustle
- Jawun Evans Signs Two-Way Contract with Phoenix Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Go-Go Beat Blue Coats for Second Straight Home Win - Capital City Go-Go
- Rockets Sign Danuel House Jr. to Two-Way Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NAZ Suns Drop Defensive Battle to Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Austin Spurs Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 91-81 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.