Go-Go Beat Blue Coats for Second Straight Home Win
The Capital City Go-Go (4-5) defeated the Delaware Blue Coats (5-7), 128-112, Thursday night at the Entertainment and Sports Arena.
Washington Wizards' first-round draft pick, Troy Brown Jr., led the way for the Go-Go, tallying 27 points and seven rebounds. Brown forced two steals in the game and was able to finish several fast breaks with dunks. Chasson Randle had 22 points in his first game back from FIBA World Cup Qualifying games with Team USA, and two-way player Devin Robinson recorded his fifth double-double of the season with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
The Go-Go were able to take control of the boards, out-rebounding the Blue Coats 48-40, while also pulling down 15 offensive rebounds leading to a season-high 25 second chance points. Capital City took advantage of its trips to the charity stripe as well, going 27-of-31 (.871) from the line.
After leading by as many as 21 in the third quarter, a Demetrius Jackson three cut the Go-Go lead to six with 8:03 remaining in the fourth quarter. Capital City responded with a 16-to-5 run over the next six minutes to put the game out of reach at 122-105.
Shake Milton led the Blue Coats with 35 points and seven assists in the game. Ryan Anderson and Cameron Oliver each had big games off the bench, scoring 22 and 16 points, respectively.
The Go-Go will return to action on Saturday, December 8, as they host Raptors 905 in the team's "Go-Go'n Home for the Holidays" themed-game. Delaware will play at Greensboro on December 8 as well.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 7, 2018
- Hustle Pull Away from Iowa Wolves for 118-98 Win - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Bow out of Contest against Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Magic Secure Fourth Straight Win - Lakeland Magic
- Stars Drop Final Game of Road Trip to Swarm - Salt Lake City Stars
- Balanced Magic Knock off Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Swarm Snap Skid, Subdue Stars - Greensboro Swarm
- Nets Avenge Last Night's Loss with Win at Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Marcus Keene off Waivers - Memphis Hustle
- Jawun Evans Signs Two-Way Contract with Phoenix Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Go-Go Beat Blue Coats for Second Straight Home Win - Capital City Go-Go
- Rockets Sign Danuel House Jr. to Two-Way Contract - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NAZ Suns Drop Defensive Battle to Spurs - Northern Arizona Suns
- Austin Spurs Defeat Northern Arizona Suns 91-81 - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Capital City Go-Go Stories
- Go-Go Acquire Michael Orris Via Available Player Pool
- Chiozza's Fourth Quarter Effort Leads Go-Go Past Knicks
- Chris Chiozza to Play for Team USA FIBA World Cup Qualifying Team
- Magic Cruise Past Go-Go
- McRae Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Eastern Conference Team