Wings Sign Former Michigan Tech Standout Tyler Heinonen
KALAMAZOO, MI- The Kalamazoo Wings have signed forward Tyler Heinonen (HAY-no-nen) to a standard ECHL contract, the team announced Wednesday.
Heinonen, 23, joins the Wings after a four-year career at Michigan Tech (WCHA). The 6-foot, 185-pound native of Delano, Minnesota was a member of this year's WCHA Championship team and helped lead his team to a berth in the NCAA Tournament.
Over 122 games with the Huskies, Heinonen scored 38 goals and added 28 assists for 66 career points. His standout season came as a junior during the 2015-16 campaign, where he earned 27 points (15 goals, 12 assists) in 32 games and was named to the WCHA Third All-Star Team.
Before his career at Michigan Tech, Heinonen was a star at Delano High School in Minnesota, then he transitioned to the USHL with the Muskegon Lumberjacks. While with the Lumberjacks, Heinonen totaled 64 points (36 goals, 28 assists) in 91 games before ending his junior career with the Chicago Steel, where he potted eight goals and assisted nine others in 24 games.
Heinonen will wear number 8 and join the team in Florida with the expectation of making his debut tonight against the Everblades.
Single game tickets start at just $10 all season long and can be purchased at the Wings Event Center box office or at http://kwings.com/SingleGameTickets .
Wings Event Center, owned and operated by Greenleaf Hospitality Group, is home to the minor league hockey team Kalamazoo Wings and a full entertainment venue offering concerts, sporting events, family shows and trade shows. Built in 1974, Wings Event Center values partnerships with the community to bring events and attractions that enrich the lives of residents in the Kalamazoo area.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 30, 2017
- Gladiators Fall 4-1 to the Swamp Rabbits in Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Fan Appreciation Night This Saturday - Adirondack Thunder
- Season Ticket Holder Newsletter, March 30th - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 30 - ECHL
- Playoff Tickets To Go On Sale Wednesday, April 5 - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Keep Rolling, Face Missouri Again Tonight - Allen Americans
- Ryan Segalla Returns to the Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Sign Defenseman Leibinger; Motte Signs PTO with Iowa - Quad City Mallards
- Austin Hervey Joins Fuel on ATO - Indy Fuel
- Moore Hat Trick Leads Americans over Missouri - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Clinch 20th Consecutive Playoff Berth, Defeat Eagles - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads Take 2-1 Victory in Goaltending Duel in Idaho - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Streak Past Aces 5-2 Wednesday - Alaska Aces
- Utah Takes Game One - Rapid City Rush
- Wings Swamped by Everblades in Estero - Kalamazoo Wings
- Henry Breaks Beast Defenseman Goal-Scoring Record in Win Over Cyclones - Brampton Beast
- Thunder Announces Several Roster Moves - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers Sign Defenseman CJ Garcia - Wheeling Nailers
- Americans Host Missouri Tonight and Thursday - Allen Americans
- Wings Sign Former Michigan Tech Standout Tyler Heinonen - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Announces 25th Anniversary Alumni Game Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Naclerio Returns to Atlanta from AHL - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.